This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

There are many times we look at our phone, whether it be to make a quick search on Google, to like a picture on Instagram or to listen to your Spotify playlist. As a college student, especially now with all our classes online, our phones have truly become our best friends. It’s important to have some apps on your phone that can help make life a little easier in these crazy times. 

Anything and Everything Google 

These apps include Google Drive, Google Maps, Google, GMail, and Google Calendar. These apps are helpful for everyday. Google Drive allows you to access all the notes you take, as well as documents shared with you in the palm of your hand. Google is very helpful and is searching for numerous things for assignments. Google Maps will help you put your travel plans together for the weekend or finding the nearest restaurant or grocery store. GMail will allow you to access all your emails for both your personal and school account. Google Calendar can help you schedule all your upcoming meetings, exams and assignments. 

Your College Mobile App

It’s valuable to have access to stuff for your university all in one app. Most universities have their own school app and if you got to Temple like me, the app to download is TUmobile. This app gives you access to your meal plan balance, portal, email, classes, campus map and more. It’s convenient to have everything you need all in the same place. This also goes along with getting the Canvas or Blackboard app to be able to submit assignments on the go and receive your grades as soon as they’re posted. 

Venmo 

Lots of times we fail to carry cash around. That’s why Venmo is so helpful for those moments when you need to pay someone (or someone needs to pay you) and nobody is carrying money. This app makes it easy to transfer money to whoever you want with a click of a button. This is helpful for eating out with friends and you don’t want to split the bill a thousand ways. Also, if you’re on Temple’s campus there are some food trucks that accept Venmo payments if you don’t have cash or card. 

Quizlet

This app is great for when you need to memorize some terms for your next exam. Quizlet allows you to make flashcards and access flashcards created by other people. You can also study with features such as learn, write, spell and test to really make sure you got the material downpact. 

Headspace 

College can be extremely stressful and sometimes it’s not easy to find somebody to talk to. Headspace is an app filled with guided meditation to help you take a breather during those stressful moments. They also offer various articles about sleep, stress and mindfulness to further help you live a less stressful life. 

LinkedIn

Networking is a big part of landing jobs and internships during and after college. It can also help you learn more about a field you are interested in. LinkedIn allows you to connect with an array of people in different industries and gets you the chance to talk to them and learn more about their jobs. LinkedIn gives you the chance to build an online portfolio so recruiters can see what you got to offer. 

Mint

Have you ever wondered where all your money went and what you spent it on. Mint is a great app to have if you struggle with budgeting. Budgeting is crucial for college students because there are many expenses we have to keep up with such as, rent, textbooks, tuition, groceries to name a few. It’s hard to keep track of all of that in your head. Mint keeps track of your monthly spending as well as, make suggestions on your budget, pay your bills and keep track of your credit score. This app lets you create spending limits and bill payment reminders, so you are never left wondering where your money is going again. 

MyFitnessPal

A good diet is hard to maintain with all the stress that comes with school. This app is great if you want to learn more about nutrition and don’t know where to start. It makes it easier to understand dietary requirements and will break down nutritional facts of the meals you add to their database. At the end of the day, the app provides a daily summary of what nutrients you received and need more of. 

These apps can be the key to having a less stressful and more organized life. Having these on your phone can help you be ready to take on these hectic days and give you a better piece of mind.

Lindsay is currently a senior international business major at Temple University. She loves traveling, creative writing, painting, and baking.
Delaney Mills is a Senior at Temple University majoring in Communication Studies. She's has a love for fashion and Harry Styles. She can usually be found at the Bagel Hut on campus or in her bed watching New Girl. Follow her on Instagram @duhlaneyyy!!