Alek Bannerman ’13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

He skates, he cares about the environment and he’s cute! What more could a girl ask for, right? This campus cutie definitely is one in a million with looks that could fit in Hollywood and one of the nicest, humblest attitudes I’ve ever encountered in a guy. Alek Bannerman is the epitome of a campus cutie: good looking outside and in! An aspiring environmental scientist, Alek handsomely stands at a fit, 6’2” tall. And though he definitely hit’s the books (and hits them hard) they aren’t his only concern. He also takes his partying “pretty seriously” he said, jokingly. I, personally, would agree with this statement because Alek is always having fun and in a good mood no matter what time or day it is.  However, his completely dateable qualities don’t end there, for Alek has learned to embody the gift of being a best friend as well as love interest.

Never have I encountered such a compassionate and helpful individual. No matter what’s needed, if he has it, he’ll give it! This hottie is the soft enough to bring a girl soup when she’s sick and yet courageous enough to fearlessly defend any and all of his friends at the drop of a dime. Clearly, this sexy sk8r boi is proving that chivalry is alive and well!

Hometown: Haverford, Pennsylvania

Major: Environmental Science

Age: 19

Works at: Primavera Restaurant

Relationship Status: Single

What do you look for in a girl: Sense of humor, caring personality, nice body, fun to be around

TU Activities: Intramural Soccer

Favorite Genre of Music: Hip-Hop

Favorite Artist(s): Tupac, Led Zeplin, Biggie Smalls, Warren G, the Beatles

Silly Fact: He can wiggle his ears really, really well.

Hobbies/Interests: Skateboard, Party, Hangout with friends, long walks on the beach and “everything cliché”

Who would play you in a movie: George Clooney

Favorite Movie: Pulp Fiction

Future/Career Goals: Become an environmental scientist working specifically on alternative energy sources aka “saving the world”

Inspiration: Father

Jaimee Swift is a Senior majoring in Communications. One of her many dreams is to become a broadcast journalist and to meet and work with the infamous Anderson Cooper. Her hobbies include reading everything in sight, running, dancing crazily, laughing uber hard, watching movies, and consuming as much juice as possible. Jaimee is so overjoyed to be a part of such a magnificent site such as Her Campus Temple University. Ever since the days of her youth, she has strives to make a difference and bring positive change to all that she touches. She still holds on to that mindset and hopes to bring positivity and creativity to Her Campus Temple University!