This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Do you ever wonder how our immune system impacts us or how to keep it strong and functioning to combat illnesses? Here is a step by step guide on how to do so.

Many of us tend to get sick easily with the change of season. So, have you possibly wondered what you could do to boost your immune system? 

Our immune system does a great job of defending our body against diseases. But sometimes it can fail, allowing these germs to be successful and make you sick. Our immune system is important for us to function, so here are some ways we can boost it and keep ourselves healthy.  

1. Staying up to date with immunizations  

Our immune system naturally fights off diseases, but vaccines help to improve it. For example, mRNA vaccines use mRNA that is created in a lab in order to teach our cells how to make the necessary protein to trigger an immune response inside our bodies  

1. Improving or maintaining a healthy diet  

A healthy diet is needed to provide the energy your immune system needs, making sure you have a sufficient amount of vegetables, fruits, proteins, and whole grains can ensure a healthy and more effective immune system. 

1. Hydration  

Water plays an important role in our body. Water, is the single most abundant chemical found in living things. However, you consistently lose water from urine and sweat. Keeping yourself hydrated enough can help with your immune system as well. 

These are only a few ways to help your body function, there is always more ways to boost your immune system that anyone can easily stay up to date with. 

Hi everyone I’m a junior health profession major at temple