This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Although Kim Kardashian started as a reality star, her clothing business, Skims, is thriving, and gaining social media presence. Skims is all over TikTok as fans spread love for the brand.  

Kim Kardashian is a name everyone knows. Although many argue she is only successful from her reality television show “Keeping Up With the Kardashians” and her social media presence, her multiple thriving businesses say otherwise.

Skims, founded in the summer of 2019, was originally created as a shape-wear company. Although the brand is very well known for its shape-wear, it has since grown into a full-blown clothing company. Varying from dresses to bathing suits, Skims has different options and multiple different colors to match various skin tones.   

Skims have been all over social media recently, with consumers raving about the quality of clothing from the brand. The brand is known for having lightweight, fitted clothing that is comfortable and great for everyday wear.

My roommates and I love buying different things from the brand and sharing them. One of our favorites is the Long Slip Dress ($80). This is arguably Skims’ most popular piece sold. It is known for having a sculpting effect on the body, with a length that goes all the way to the feet of most consumers.   

Other popular Skims products are their shape-wear. With multiple shapes and sizes, there is shape-wear for literally everyone. Some items include the Thong Bodysuit ($70), the High Waisted Thong ($34), and the Mid Thigh Short ($38). These styles give support to different parts of the body, including the stomach, thighs, and bottom. Having started out as a shapewear company, this is a popular category of clothing sold by Skims.   

Skims also sells more basic, everyday styles of clothing. Some best sellers include the Cotton Jersey Long Sleeve T-Shirt, which is a lightweight and form-fitting long sleeve. This T-shirt is perfect for layering in cold weather or to wear on its own when it’s just a little too cold out to wear short sleeves. Another perfect basic is the Soft Smoothing Seamless T-Shirt ($56). This is another great piece for layering and can also be paired with a pair of jeans. With its lightweight feel, this item is perfect for those spring/summer months.

The Cotton Rib Tank ($38) is also a great piece to have on hand for summer. Pair them with a cute pair of shorts and some nice sandals, and you’re ready to go. 

Skims had two sales over the winter, beginning with their Black Friday sale, which they titled their Bi-Annual sale- one of which happens the week of Black Friday, and the other is closer to May. Prices were up to 50% off for this first sale, and most of the sale items were sold out within the same day that the sale began. The second one this winter was their winter sale, in which a few of the products were marked down to a bit lower price.

We will have to wait until summer for the next anticipated sale, but when it happens, be sure to have that cart stocked and checked out ASAP before the good stuff is gone!   

I am a sophomore communications major at Temple University with a minor in Criminal Justice. I currently write for the Fashion and Beauty section of Her Campus Temple!