6 Cute and Easy Halloween Costume Ideas for All of the Lazy Girls Out There

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

The past few months flew by and now it’s time to get down to business. What are you going to dress up as for Halloween this year? It’s a difficult decision, so planning and putting together your DIY ideas are a must. Here are six costume ideas that are perfect for the holiday – whether you’re riding solo or with a group.

1. Boxer

Dressing up as a boxer is super easy! Most of the pieces for this costume are things you probably already have in your closet. All you really need is a sports bra, a cute pair of athletic shorts, a robe (if you want) and of course a pair of gloves. The makeup and hair is a fun addition to the costume. Doing boxer braids and adding a black eye makes the costume more detailed and fun.

2. Pregnant Kylie Jenner

This one is sure to get some laughs no matter where you wear it. Find any bodycon dress like this one and add some cute heels! Bring back the Kylie Jenner lip challenge to get those full lips and top that with any matte lipstick. Pro tip: size up when getting your dress to make room for that baby bump!

3. Paris Hilton & Nicole Richie

This one is for you and your BFF! Finding pieces to match Paris and Nicole is simple. Your favorite stores carry those early 2000s basic pieces like camis, mini skirts like this one, and huge sunglasses like these. That’s pretty much all you need to look like an heiress – without spending like one! Dressing up as this iconic duo? That’s hot.

4. Party Animal

Maybe it’s just because Lauren Conrad did this first and everything she does is brilliant, but this party animal costume is sure to be a fave! This can be a last minute costume since all you have to do is go pick up some cat ears or you can take it to a whole new level with a long dress and simple makeup. Plus, who doesn’t love a punny costume?

5. Taylor Swift Eras

Calling all the girl squads! Gather up all of your girls to recreate all of the Taylor Swift eras just like she did in the “Look What You Made Me Do” video. There’s “You Belong With Me” Taylor, VMA speech Taylor, Grammys performance Taylor, even dead Taylor. The list goes on.

6. Cactus

This costume is so simple and requires just a little bit of DIY-ing! Sticking pipe cleaners into any green sweater will make you look like the cutest cactus at the party. Putting a big flower on a headband will bring the whole look together!

Don’t forget to have fun while planning out your costumes. As Mean Girls put it: “In Girl World, Halloween is the one night a year when a girl can dress like a total slut and no other girls can say anything about it.” Go all out!

Delaney Mills is a Senior at Temple University majoring in Communication Studies. She's has a love for fashion and Harry Styles. She can usually be found at the Bagel Hut on campus or in her bed watching New Girl. Follow her on Instagram @duhlaneyyy!!
Temple University, 2019. Magazine journalist and editor, fitness instructor, health and wellness enthusiast. Proponent of lists, Jesus, and the Oxford comma. Will do anything for an iced oatmilk latte. Follow my journey: Twitter + Instagram: @sarah_madaus