The Laladoc Martens
The Laladoc Martens
Her Campus Media
Style

5 Ways to Style Dr. Martens for the Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Fall is finally here, which means it’s time to bring out the fall/winter wardrobe. One of my favorite cold weather fashion trends is Dr. Martens boots, which I am so happy made a successful comeback in recent years, because they are a wardrobe staple of mine. The classic black Jadon platform boot can be paired with almost anything in your fall wardrobe. With this, the comeback of these boots brings new trendy ways to style them and provide the opportunity to add an edgier touch to your style. Adding what I believe to be the trendiest, hottest, and diverse shoe to your fall wardrobe will give you the most bang for your buck and a wardrobe staple. 

Midi Dress

Halter midi dresses are the perfect fall look when you want to look dressy while still being comfortable. Adding Docs to this look can make the outfit seem more casual. Also, adding a leather jacket to the look makes it very chic and trendy, but still conventional and comfortable.

Fuzzy Cardigan/Chunky Sweater and Mom Jeans

Another fun way to style Docs for the fall weather is to piece them together with fuzzy cardigans or a chunky sweater. Fuzzy, pastel sweaters have also been very trendy and are making their way into 2020 fall trends. Also, you can never go wrong pairing Docs with oversized/chunky sweaters. Piece either one of the sweater options with mom jeans and Docs, and you have a chic look that will help you stay comfortable and warm this fall. 

Cargo Pants and Bodysuit

A simple but fun way to style Docs is to pair them with a plain, long sleeve bodysuit and cargo pants. Cargo pants have become a super fun way to add a little spark to an outfit. I believe that pairing Docs with this outfit will add even more of an edge. Pair this fit with some chunky jewelry and sunglasses, and you’re ready to go. 

Blazer Dress

Blazer dresses have been making a huge appearance in the fashion world and have been seen on many celebrities lately. Most recently, Kourtney Kardashian and Addison Rae have been seen wearing these dresses. Putting Docs on with this dress makes for a chic look with a daywear spin. 

Graphic Tee and Midi Skirt

Graphic tees have become a trendy wardrobe staple in 2020, because they can be worn with anything in both casual and dressy outfits. With Docs, I think a graphic tee of your favorite band and a flowy midi shirt would be the perfect fall fit. It adds a feminine touch with a little bit of an edgy/grunge look. This outfit is also ideal for experimenting with different looks and styles. 

Making Dr. Martens your new wardrobe staple allows for so many style options and opportunities. Basing your outfits off these boots can create plenty of outfit versatility for the fall season, while also saving you lots of money.

Molly Cari

Temple '22

Instagram: @mollykcari
I'm a social media fanatic. Between my work as a rising senior public relations student at Temple University and my personal blog (living-with-love.com) hobby, you can always find me on my phone. I'm from a small town in Connecticut and spend my free time doing barre workouts, rewatching television series, and reading new books. I joined HC as my first organization at college, and I can't imagine ending my academic career leading anywhere else!