This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

We all have those few people on Instagram that we look forward to seeing on our feeds. For me, I mainly spend my time on Instagram to find motivation, new hairstyles, new ways to update my wardrobe, or just ways to laugh. You can ideally find anything on Instagram in this day and age. I’m always inspired by many of the women I follow, especially when it comes to them posting bomb content. There are so many influential women that I could talk about, but I broke it down to five women who I love following. 

STEFNEYV

When I need to find a perfect outfit that fits my personality, I come to her page. Stefneyv is someone I’ve been following for a few years now. She’s so creative and trendy whenever she posts. The burst of colors with each outfit is just up my alley. It’s always something new, and that’s why she’s so different from others. I love how she coordinates with everything she wears, especially with her shoes. If I could steal her wardrobe for the day, I would take so many pictures. What’s great is that she always tags the places she gets her clothes. She gives credit where it’s due, and I’m able to go and shop for similar clothing. Her shoe game is fresh as well. She just knows how to match all her Jordans with her outfits so perfectly! Every post just gets better and better each time. Stefneyv is such a trendsetter. She’s worth the follow to get new style inspo. 

SYMPHANISOTO

When I think of beautiful, clear skin, Symphani Soto comes to mind. She’s become one of my favorite YouTubers regarding makeup tutorials, new hairstyle styles, and talking about her everyday life. She also makes beautiful music and has released an Ep called “ I am” in 2018. I go to her when I need inspo for bringing out my girly side, which rarely comes out. A lot of her outfits are simple but vintage-inspired. When it comes to her makeup looks, I admire how she makes it easy to follow. I prefer not to wear too much makeup, and following her routine is just perfect for me! She also has incredible hairstyles, including box braids, locks, twists, and various wigs. I always have braids in my hair, so I love seeing her with adorable outfits that complement the braids. Symphani Soto has been a long time favorite influencer of mine.

HALFRICANBEAUTE

In January of 2019, I decided to do a big chop on my hair, and I needed all the inspiration and tips I could get. I followed Isimeme Edeko for a while but never looked into her hair care routines until I needed it. Ever since then, I have watched her YouTube videos religiously. She explained everything a beginner needs to know about properly taking care of their hair and what not to use. I was clueless about various things, but she’s been so informative throughout my journey so far. Since then, I began to follow her on Instagram, and I started to become obsessed with her colorful and bold style. Her YouTube videos also show many ways to get her clothes at a reasonable price. Isimeme has all the tips for everything!

IAMKAYLANICOLE

Kayla Nicole is my body goal! I began following her one day when I noticed her on my explore page with Kansas City Chiefs football player Travis Kelce. They quickly became one of my favorite Instagram couples. I also began to love Kayla’s personality and workout routines, even though I’m not the most incredible person when it comes to working out (in the future, we shall see what happens). Kayla’s posts are always appealing, especially when it comes to posing for the camera! Her drive and motivation when it comes to her career in broadcast journalism is so inspiring to see. With that being the same path I want to follow, I enjoy seeing her journey and how she’s grown over the years. I strive to be a fantastic broadcast journalist in the future, and it’s great to know that I have so many role models and opportunities out there. The way she interacts with her followers is excellent and makes me feel like I connect with her, even though I don’t know her personally. Her independence easily rubs off on me, and I truly appreciate her online presence. She’s my absolute favorite and a true icon.

TEAIRAWALKER

Teaira has been one of my favorite influencers from the very beginning. In high school, I used to follow her makeup routines all the time. I just loved everything she did when it came to her outfits, traveling, and beauty regimens. To this day, I look forward to her posts and watching her YouTube videos. She’s traveled to so many beautiful places, and I get so jealous of her life! She’s really living the dream through social media. In her posts, she wears classy/sexy outfits that I can see myself wearing as well. All around, she just knows how to put a good fit together. She’s so helpful when I watch her YouTube videos, and I find myself following many of her routines in my life today. 

All of these amazing women have impacted my life so much throughout the years. I love seeing independent women on my feed, posting handy tips that I can incorporate into my own everyday routine! If I could meet them one day, I would honestly boast about how much I love them as individuals. I hope checking out a few of my favorite influencers will help you with your everyday life as well!

I’m Taylor Carmichael and I’m an Senior Journalism Major at Temple University. I’m all about happiness and living life to the absolute fullest. I enjoy dressing out of my comfort zone and taking tons of cute photos. If I’m not sticking my head in the books I’m enjoying time with my friends and going on memorable adventures. I’m outgoing, love to make people laugh and just having a good time.
I'm a social media fanatic. Between my work as a rising senior public relations student at Temple University and my personal blog (living-with-love.com) hobby, you can always find me on my phone. I'm from a small town in Connecticut and spend my free time doing barre workouts, rewatching television series, and reading new books. I joined HC as my first organization at college, and I can't imagine ending my academic career leading anywhere else!