This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

With the start of fall, fashion and beauty trends are changing to fit the new season. These trends include a transition to darker colors, especially for nail polish. The summer was focused on bright, eye-catching colors and neons, but now there’s a focus on more neutral and soft colors. If you need to update your nail polish collection this upcoming season, here are some of my recommendations. 

Maroon

Maroons and dark reds are perfect for fall nail polish. The shade “Carry On” by Essie is a great example of this type of color.

Moss Green

This is another shade that is seen more around the fall season. I would recommend a color like this from the brand Zoya in the shade “Ireland.”

Taupe

This color is very neutral but super cute, especially for the fall and winter seasons. The shade “Over the Taupe” by OPI is a nice example. 

Dark Blue

A darker shade of blue is great for this season. One great polish in this color is “Less is Norse” by OPI.

Burnt Orange

This is always an essential fall color. You should try the shade “A-Piers to be Tan” by OPI.

One of the best parts of fall is a new color scheme full of rich, beautiful colors. It’s always fun to try new fashion and beauty trends to switch it up. This applies to nail colors as well, so I hope you try some new shades this season!

Olivia is a sophomore at Temple University at the Klein College of Media and Communication as a Journalism major, with a minor in sociology. She is also involved in Temple Talk and the Delta Phi Epsilon sorority Delta Nu chapter. You can follow her on insta @oliviarakiro
I'm a social media fanatic. Between my work as a rising senior public relations student at Temple University and my personal blog (living-with-love.com) hobby, you can always find me on my phone. I'm from a small town in Connecticut and spend my free time doing barre workouts, rewatching television series, and reading new books. I joined HC as my first organization at college, and I can't imagine ending my academic career leading anywhere else!