10 Best On-Screen BFFs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

We all have that one special friend that we honor with the label of “best” friend. We never really think about how incredibly remarkable they are and how we owe them for pretty much everything exciting, crazy, regretful, hilarious and amazing in our lives. So let’s take a second right now to honor and thank our besties… Thank you!

Even though we love our besties dearly, we usually can’t handle having them around 24/7. But the friends that we will always be ready to spend hours, upon hours with are those that are on screen. So often the friendships we see in TV shows resemble real life friendships, and maybe that is why we adore them so much.  These ten on screen TV BFFs exemplify every type friendship there is and we absolutely love them for it!

1. Blair and Serena – “Gossip Girl”

Just like Blaire and Serena, you and your BFF may fight incessantly, but together you are a dynamic duo that rules the world. You both have a passion for fashion and a natural magnetism to drama, but it keeps you excited and on your feet. Secretly, you are always trying to one up each other but regardless; you stick together through thick and thin (mostly thick), and at the end of the day always realize you wouldn’t be complete without one another.

2. Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte and Miranda – “Sex and The City”

The bond these women share is one to die for. Just like these ladies, you and your loves are there for one another through every manscapade life has to offer (no matter how many there may be) and can be ready at a moments notice if someone is in need of wine, chocolate and/or cleanex’s after a breakup. Your honesty with one another is what creates such a strong foundation for all of you to stand on!

3. Rachel, Ross, Monica, Phoebe and Chandler – “Friends”

I’m not sure how much more obvious this one can get. I mean, the title of the show is “Friends.” You and all of your friends have been close for years. You have shared apartments with each other and have some incredible memories with one another. Like true friends should, you stay strong throughout the breakups and the fights (*cough*  *cough* Rachel and Ross), and show us all that if you have your friends by your side, you can concur anything.

4. Meredith and Cristina – “Grey’s Anatomy”

True friends don’t let their BFF settle for anything, they push each other to be the best they can possibly be. If you’re anything like Meredith and Cristina that is exactly what you do. You’re both very goal oriented and do whatever you can to help your BFF reach their goals as well as your own. When you’re not working hard, you’re dealing with drama involving your SOs, so you two gals rely on one another for advice, support, cuddling, love and often times a good wake up call!

5. Lorelai and Rory – “Gilmore Girls”

Lorelai and Rory take mother-daughter bonding to a whole new level. Sorry everyone… but you can only be these BFFs if your mom is your partner in crime. If so, your touching relationship is one that will not only make everyone laugh and cry, but it will also make them want to call up their own mom and tell her how much they love her.

6. Cece, Jess, Nick, Schmidt and Winston – “New Girl”

This group perfectly represents the idea that “opposites attract.” You and your BFF are completely different but somehow make the perfect combination. You get in ridiculous fights and often times partake in regrettable love affairs that make things slightly awkward. However, your different characteristics complement each other, which allows for a unique and solid friendship.

7. Pussay and Taystee – “Orange is the New Black”

If you and your bestie resemble these wacky women, you are not friends. You are sisters. You two are together around the clock in close proximities, and are always loyal to one another (except for minor slip ups, but you always come back home). You know each other forwards and backwards, making you a flawless charades team. Together, you make the best of a bad situation and always find a way to have fun, even if you are in prison.

8. Hannah, Marnie, Jessa and Shoshanna – “Girls”

This unexpected crew is so charming because of their painfully truthful friendships. If you are one of the “Girls,” you and your girls do drugs together, have sex with the same people, scream at each other and some times are just flat out gross together. But these are the things that make you the perfect friends. Through all of the madness, you still love each other with all of your hearts.

9. Cory and Shawn – “Boy Meets World”

This list would not be complete without a classic bromance. Cory and Shawn are simply an adorable pair. If you and your right hand man are like this pair, you’re always getting in trouble together. But, you only see these moments as opportunities for life long memories. All silliness aside, you help one another with girl, family and school problems along with all of the other problems life has to offer like best bros should.

10. Daenerys Targaryen and Khal Drogo – “Game of Thrones”

So I know these two aren’t exactly friends (technically you could consider them really good friends), but I had to include their beautiful faces. Daenerys and Khal Drogo are from two completely different worlds and were forced together, but with a little bit of give and take, they created a love that black magic couldn’t even break. Their relationship is one of love and friendship that will always be longed for by us girls in the real world. (Can you tell I’m obsessed?) If you and your BFF fall under this category… well I think you may need to reconsider the whole… “friends” thing.

Nicole is an undergraduate student at Temple University studying Public Relations. She loves to write about other people's awesome lives, often times fictitious, to spice her own up a little. Her hobbies include binge watching movies and T.V. shows, singing and dancing around like a crazy woman, and anything involving food.
Kaitlin is an alumna of Temple University where she graduated with a B.A. in Journalism and a minor in Political Science. At Temple, she served as Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Temple and was a founding member and former Public Relations Vice President for the Iota Chi chapter of Alpha Xi Delta.  She currently serves Her Campus Media as a Region Leader and Chapter Advisor and was formally a Feature Writer for Fashion, Beauty and Health.