This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCU chapter.

Summer break may not be here just yet (sigh), but spring can be so much fun too! Having a hard time figuring out what to do? We’ve got you covered! Here are five cute spring date ideas you can do with yourself, your significant other, and your besties as we wait for Hot Girl Summer.

Picnics

I don’t think anything screams spring more than a cute little picnic! Wear your favorite spring outfit, make a playlist with all of your favorite tunes, and bask in the sun while having lunch. If you’re doing this one solo, maybe pack a journal or a book. Remember to take some photos (because we know you look absolutely stunning) and please don’t forget to wear sunscreen!

Studying at your local coffee shop

Unfortunately, school isn’t out yet, but don’t let this get you down! Let’s stay motivated and use our long list of homework as the perfect excuse to have an aesthetic moment at a coffee shop! There are so many yummy treats at coffee shops, even if you’re not a coffee girlie, work will get done!! It’s something about feeling like a “Day in My Life” influencer that makes you feel so much more productive! 

And in the event that you’re not so productive, you still made an effort and should be super proud of yourself. Besides, our worth is not measured by how productive we are. (Still try and get your homework done though lol).

floral photoshoot

I’ve done this one with my friends before and it was literally the highlight of my spring last year! The plan to go back is already in motion. There are so many gardens and parks with flowers, so if you can go to one, I’d highly recommend it. Bonus points to you if you wear a floral-themed outfit!

ice cream moment

Who doesn’t like ice cream? Okay, I’m sure there are plenty of people who don’t, but if you do like ice cream this could be the perfect break when you’re stressed out with classes or if you’re just in the mood for a little treat. Your cold treat of choice could be the perfect reward for acing that test or the comfort you need if you, well… don’t ace your test. If beverages are more your thing (which, by the way, same), you can totally swap this idea out with a smoothie, sweet tea, or lemonade!

shopping

If you have a few extra bucks on hand, why not do a little shopping? Trust me, you deserve it. Spring is all about rebirth and starting anew, so if you’re thinking about switching your aesthetic, this might be the perfect opportunity! Maybe you love your style and just want a new trinket or two. As long as you’re doing your best to avoid fast fashion and shopping for what you want to buy, happy shopping!

Anaya White is a junior at Texas Christian University studying Business Information Systems and Creative Writing! In her free time, she enjoys playing the ukulele, scrolling through Pinterest, and turning her silly little feelings into poems.