This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCU chapter.

Have you ever been in love with a moment? If not, let me explain. It’s like being somewhere and you just can’t help but smile and wish that that particular moment would never end. Well, this is about to sound really cheesy, but I swear I feel this way everyday here at TCU. I will admit, before I came to TCU, I was unsure about my decision. Now, only a semester in, I am 100% positive I made the right choice. They say it takes a while until it sets in that you’re actually in college. Well, this still hasn’t hit me, or if it has, I have not noticed because these few months have already been some of the best months of my life. “College shouldn’t be this great” I’d tell myself, or “I should be missing home more!” I didn’t get it then, but now I know that there’s just something magical about TCU. In short, I have fallen completely and utterly in love with this school. In these past few months, I have come to the conclusion that TCU is the best school around. So in case you didn’t know it already, let me tell you why.

Although the AP College football rankings seem to suggest otherwise, TCU is the #1 school. First off, TCU is the best school because we are not Baylor. (But that was kind of a given). I know everyone always says this, but our campus is gorgeous. In fact, there are no words or pictures to describe it here. I can’t tell you the amount of times that I’ve been in awe of how beautiful this campus is. And it’s not just our campus that’s beautiful – have you seen the students here? Anyways, TCU is an unbelievably beautiful school.

Another thing that I love about TCU is how close knit the community is. Everywhere you go, you know somebody. Whether it’s a friend or just a familiar face, it’s always nice to see the same people around along with some new faces. Because of our close community, we are able to have a lot of fun events. What other college has Hunter Hayes perform right on their own lawn? Or the TCU Christmas Tree lighting? TCU has given me a lot of bragging rights, let me tell you. If these things haven’t interested you, did you know the BLUU Market Square is hosting a gingerbread house decoration party on Wednesday, December 9? If TCU does nothing else, it makes its students feel at home.

As far as I’m concerned, the only person who wouldn’t like it here at TCU is a Baylor student, and I bet they even secretly love TCU. I mean, TCU really does have everything anyone could ever dream of. I don’t know about you guys, but I feel like I’m in a fairytale and I never want to leave. I’m only a freshman and I’m dreading the day I have to leave TCU and enter the real world, but I know that I’ll be ready because guess what? Even TCU’s academics are phenomenal! I thought it was just a myth when people told me how nice and sincere the teachers here were, but let me tell you, it is no myth.

If you are a student here, I’m sure you already knew how great TCU is. But in case you don’t, take a second some time to really notice your surroundings – take a moment to fall in love with TCU, because it really is something special. To any prospective students reading this, I know a short tour of TCU probably didn’t mean much to you other than a cute Instagram picture with the frog statue, but don’t tell me you didn’t feel a certain way as you walked by the fountain. Let me tell you that that feeling gets a thousand times stronger when you’re a student here, and in case you don’t believe me, ask anyone on campus. TCU really is such a loving, spirited and beautiful place to be. In case you couldn’t tell, I could not be happier.

Oh, and one last reason why TCU is the best school… 28-21, GO FROGS! 

Carly is a features writer for Her Campus at UCLA. In her free time she loves to sing, write, and spend time with her friends and family.