This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCU chapter.

La Galerie Dior is located in Paris next door to Dior’s flagship store. The museum gives a glimpse into the brand’s rich history and fashion impact.

Opening in 2022, the Dior Museum allows visitors to explore the brand’s story while moving through the rooms where the brand got its start at 30 Avenue Montaigne. The museum begins by detailing the story of Christian Dior’s rise in fashion, starting with him opening his first store in 1946.

The museum showcases major pieces, including the original Bar Jacket from the Spring/Summer collection in 1947 that has become a staple in fashion history, along with samples from the different creative directors over the fashion house’s history.

0w 4mmQCRJcIpcS5y7vTpFkoWcQBP37GpHj8oB8WzJYkdv4dRRKCxEPGG 2PYBymAHD2FouRkHeG8bUJwLX1m4a80Odqsf4x5o9ryITwPR7b2qYP5BbJvX7c5Qzuy BD1LH2oZ 0DEkYo6mwPZKWdoc

Original photo by McKay Trulove

From Yves Saint Laurent, Mark Bohan, Gianfranco Ferré, John Galliano, Raf Simons, and Maria Grazia Chiuri, the museum provides a look at the evolution of Dior through its creative designers. Rooms filled with ready-wear transition into rooms containing some of Dior’s most well-known haute couture. Stepping into the museum is truly stepping into fashion history.

A3ahb5spSr8wSxxLwKizGZzF1MNzENV

Original photo by McKay Trulove

1B5A9A67 436E 4B2F A999 7A0C70FB9BF6One room showcases red carpet Dior looks from throughout the years, including the piece Galliano designed for Princess Diana’s appearance at the 1996 Met Gala.

QIJyCj g9wrbYmyYgLkDGo1dfIYDT4VWf AQ9FzqvYM9A82GUV90GLL1n1tF5jJsjl ODskkipywORHBN4j2df4VtN1YW1XdigimkG0iZ0wG5NJvQiRvtoQkGBbS3paieO94P8O0S3ZYC2C4CQaCfV8

Original photo by McKay Trulove

Each room in the museum is a unique look at a different facet of Dior, and no space is wasted. One hallway is lined with magazines that feature models, actresses, and cultural icons clad in Dior. The theme of balancing the evolution of fashion while staying true to Dior’s signature feminine silhouette can be seen in magazines that range from the 50s. 

fYSX0cxA3ak6lMwjP0KfaJAA0Jp mw2u22g1GgbEBO3ytPvk2RXhw 8qp5ET2azr96TtlAVY KOJt1x5vcyLiIhEtU6vfeSrqk0ByZR56bwhCbBC mm8kA2vbAEHai1Y9S4RPsGw6HfF L9dbfMIZ6M

Original photo by McKay Trulove

The staircase might be the most impressive part of the museum. Normally, a staircase would not require mention, but Dior makes the exit just as glorious as the fashion you just walked through. In a gradient waterfall of color, Dior showcases miniatures of purses, dresses, shoes, perfumes, and hats in every shade imaginable. 

cc7xUtKmAUoxKmMoACRyDYE8ZYDJRUow1kcEV5vfJ1NcJe2ESzsxioKYlSqXLBQWfLzCOlv2PTAEy4JZqeCapzNZr6I bLRPzUcbsAYKDNvUmVYF YVQdD6bdjk6OcsytOejw9dgUMKNUt7bI9 whdg

Original photo by McKay Trulove

Seeing the evolution and expansion of such an iconic brand that has made such an impact on fashion was an incredible experience. If you ever happen to be in Paris, I highly suggest going. You can get tickets ahead of time at the museum’s website, or you can try the stand-by line. My mom and I only waited for about ten minutes in the stand-by line, but by the time we left the museum, the stand-by line had grown substantially. Before going to the museum, I had an idea of the history of Dior and knew some of its more iconic looks, but the museum provided an extremely in-depth look at Dior’s history and reshaped how I saw the brand.

McKay is a freshman in the JVRoach Honors College this year at Texas Christian University. She is majoring in Film, TV, and digital media and plans on minoring in political science. She loves to write everything from articles to poetry to screenplays. In her free time, Mckay loves to sit outside and read with friends. In high school, McKay was the senior editor of her school's literary magazine and was the teacher assistant for screening writing class. She hopes to take her love for storytelling to the screen and direct documentaries one day.