This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCU chapter.

Summer is quickly approaching and it’s time to find a way to earn some extra cash in the summer heat. No matter what your skill sets or passions are, there are always fun jobs available. Determine what trait suits you best and explore the job possibilities below!

I Love Kids

If you love being around kids, there are tons of job opportunities (and great money) available in the summer months. The obvious solution to your job search is nannying. Nannying is great because you can build relationships with kids all summer and your income is tax-free! If you want to interact with a larger variety of kids, a camp counselor is another option to consider. You can opt for a sleep-away camp or stay in-town while working at a day camp. Day camps are great because they are specialized to specific activities and interests, so you can choose an area you’re passionate about while earning great cash.

I’m a People-Person

If you enjoy being with people all day and consider yourself a social butterfly, waitressing and retail jobs are great job options for you. Both jobs involve constantly meeting new people while working closely with coworkers. Waitressing has the advantage of receiving tips on top of your base salary, while retail jobs can offer some great employee discounts!

I Love The Outdoors

Love to bask in the sunshine? Thankfully, summertime is full of outdoor jobs that can give you some pocket cash and a killer tan. If you are looking for a less laborious job, explore lifeguarding openings. Even though lifeguards have to complete a training process and upkeep the pool or lake areas, your job usually consists of one thing: tanning in a chair. Landscaping jobs are another great option. Although landscaping requires more manual labor, you can set your own rates for mowing lawns, pulling weeds, and the general upkeep of your customers’ yards.

I’m Super Smart

If you’ve got the brains, help pass on your expertise to others. Choose a subject you’re good at, contact local schools or children’s groups, and get ready to watch the cash flow in! Tutoring allows you to create your own prices while using your smarts to help others! Other perks include flexible hours and working with a variety of people.

I Want To Gain Real-Word Experience

If you missed job application deadlines or didn’t get the dream internship you were counting on, don’t lose hope! Reach out to family or friends in an industry you are interested in or do some research on LinkedIn. Most of the time, people will be willing to sit down with you and talk about the industry they work in, while providing you with advice and tips for gaining experience. If they seem extremely passionate about helping you, ask if you can shadow an employee in their office to gain some insight into their workplace. People who love their jobs love to help young professionals learn as much as possible.

No matter where you choose to work this summer, a job will give you some experience to put on your resume… and some extra cash in your pocket! 

Hannah is a Strategic Communications major at Texas Christian University. She plans to pursue a career in PR/Marketing in the fashion industry and eventually live in New York City. Life inspiration comes from The Devil Wears Prada, Sex and the City and Gossip Girl.