Life > Experiences

Single Again?!! Here’s What You Can Do for Valentines’ Day Anyways!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCU chapter.

So, it’s almost Valentines’ Day…again. And maybe this is your first Valentines’ Day in a while as a single girlie. Or…maybe this is your 20th Valentines’ Day as a single girlie (Which honestly, purr?? Like, okay consistency!). Either way, this can really be an excruciating time for some. For many of us, this day can feel like one big reminder of what we don’t have.

This may sound absolutely insane considering my chronic singleness, but I happen to love Valentines’ Day, and I believe you can too! Not sure where to start? Keep reading for some fresh ideas on how you can spend your Valentines’ week!

Purchase a bag of tomatoes! (Psst- you might need those when you see a couple walk by)

I would not recommend eggs, however, in this economy. National shortages have led to an increase in prices, so it would not be in your finacial best interest to buy them for the reason I’m thinking.

kidding! but if you do go to the store, take advantage of all the cute, heart-shaped things!

I don’t know about you guys, but I love Valentines’ Day knick-knacks! Teddy bears? Heart-shaped lollipops? Pink everything??? Girl, GO SHOPPING! You might even find a sale here and there. :D

uhhh, why are you crying when you’re literally the hottest, most amazing person ever?? take some time to do something nice for yourself!

In my opinion, and as the writer of this article, I am allowed to have that, some people have weaponized self-love, and turned it into a way to silence girls who express a desire to be in a relationship. “You want a s/o? Oh, maybe you should just learn to love yourself! Why can’t you just be happy with yourself? You just need to be independent!” Personally, I don’t support this line of thinking. You can be happily independent and still wish to love and be loved by a significant other.

With that being said, I don’t mean that at all. I just want to remind you all that Valentines’ Day is a wonderful day to think about love in all shapes and forms, not just romantic love, so you deserve to do some of the things you love to do, especially if you haven’t in a while.

Here’s another idea! Let’s think about others for a change, and do some community service!

Facetious tone aside, this season is the perfect time to show love to your community and humanity through community service opportunities. Donate to your local thrift store! Spend a little time at a food bank! Pick a cause, and educate yourself and others on what’s happening! Love truly makes the world go ’round.

And how are those grades looking? yeah, let’s focus!

When in doubt, open your planner. There is always, and I mean always, something you can do as a college student, believe me! This may not be your time to be a significant other, but it absolutely can be your time to be a significant student!

So, as you can, there are a lot of things you can do! Happy Valentines’ Day, babes!

Anaya White is a junior at Texas Christian University studying Business Information Systems and Creative Writing! In her free time, she enjoys playing the ukulele, scrolling through Pinterest, and turning her silly little feelings into poems.