Settling the Debate: Whataburger or In-N-Out?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCU chapter.

I’ve been in Fort Worth for around three months now and let me tell you I crave In-N-Out at least once a week! Something about it being right down the street from campus combined with the influence of my friends has slowly converted me to a fan. My Whataburger-loving dad was highly disappointed hearing I had only eaten Whataburger once and didn’t enjoy it as much as I used to. I am convinced there is something in the air here. 

I will say though deep down, I will personally always be a Whataburger girl, but the occasional In-N-Out is more than acceptable. I’ve learned through my mutual love for these burger joints that they have distinct differences from one another, so switching things up never hurts! Now let’s get into some of these differences to really help narrow down and help you decide if you’re an In-N-Out or Whataburger person.

Whataburger offers a more versatile menu with about 40 food options, while In-N-Out offers about half of that. In-N-Out offers cheaper prices, however, the proportion of the food is smaller compared to Whataburger serving sizes. 

Speaking of food, let’s get to the burgers and fries. The fries are pretty different in all respects, so it’s based on personal taste preference. In terms of the infamous burger, In-N-Out has its staple burger. You simply decide if you want a double or single and any special customizations like toppings. Whataburger, on the other hand, has several different kinds of burgers and sandwiches. When we get into sweets, both places offer milkshakes. However, In-N-Out uses real ice cream and Whataburger is known to use a type of syrup making it not as authentic. 

When it comes to your go-to burger, both In-N-Out and Whataburger are solid contenders. It all depends on how you answer a few questions. How much do you want to spend? How hungry are you? What kind of fries do you want? These questions will lead to which place you truly want.

I know by this point you’re probably all just as hungry as I am and craving a burger and fries, so hopefully you know where to go! 

Delayna Zepeda is a first year writer at the Her Campus at Texas Christian University. She has a passion for writing and connecting with others on the hard to discuss topics but also the lighthearted ones. Delayna is a freshman at Texas Christian University and studying journalism with a minor in fitness. She hosted a podcast in high school and wrote in her schools magazine. Outside of Her Campus Delayna enjoys dancing in her free time, quality time with her loved ones, the gym , and all things that involve laughing and having fun.