An Open Letter from a Transfer Student

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCU chapter.

It is weird to think that this time last year I was filling out applications to come here. I remember stressing trying to find time to complete all the applications and keep up with homework and class.

To my friends at my old school, I miss y’all more than you would ever know. Texting and snapchatting only go so far. I miss the long nights studying in the coffee shop, library, really wherever. I miss the endless amounts of laughs we shared. From movie nights in a tiny dorm, to the long and messy nights at frat houses. I miss complaining about the school food the second we walked in, even though here is not a step up. Y’all were my first family; my first friends in college after leaving the comfort of my high school ones. I have literally been counting down the days until I can be reunited with y’all and cannot wait to do so.

To the friends I have made here, I am so grateful to have met y’all. Transferring to a new school is never easy. You have to learn to readjust, making new friends and adapting to a new environment when you just got the hang of your old school. Sitting here with y’all while I write this I feel comfortable and not like an outsider anymore. I found people that I can be myself with. The ones I can watch the Bachelor with in the lounge, or stay up till 3 debating if we are going to get pancakes or not. Thank you for taking me in right away and making me feel at ease here. I no longer have to worry about who I am going to get dinner or study with. I now have two places where I feel at home.

Sincerely,

A fellow transfer student.

Photo Source

Dallas, TX born and raised! Sophomore at Texas Christian University, and aspiring Graphic Designer. One day hopes to be a publisher or editor in either fashion, interior, or wedding magazines!