This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCU chapter.

If you are a person who enjoys the sit-back-and-relax type of movies, then He’s All That is the one for you. Starring TikTok star, Addison Rae, this movie is a gender-swapped film of She’s All That (1999). Here’s a quick little run-down of the film: romantic comedy includes themes of betrayal, hurt, love, and lots and lots of social media — makes sense for today’s day and age.

Padgett (Addison Rae’s character) is a social media mogul who loves makeovers. So, after her biggest heartbreak is documented for the entire Internet world to see, she proves she hasn’t lost her makeover touch by transforming the loser of the school, Cameron (Tanner Buchanan), into the prom king. Who doesn’t love a little makeover?

Let’s start with Ms. Addison Rae. You may know her as the famous Louisianan TikTok star with the facial expressions. Now, her career is growing faster than Charli D’Amelio’s follower count on TikTok (and that is a lot). So, what is Addison Rae’s appeal? Well, she has figured out how to play the Internet game. From her new makeup line, Item Beauty, to her new best friend relationship with Kourtney Kardashian herself, Addison and her marketing team are incredibly smart. So, how did this Netflix movie come about? Is she the new Noah Centineo?  I think, yes. And we know it worked because now she has a multi-million-dollar contract with Netflix…no biggie. According to multiple entertainment sources, Addison took on this role of Padgett and has grown in her career immensely. Maybe I should start learning how to dance…

So, is this movie worth the watch? In my opinion, yes. If you enjoy The Kissing Booth and cringey/predictable movies like that, then you will LOVE it. I sometimes enjoy the movies that don’t require much brainpower. It is a feel-good film that will leave you wanting to makeover the lonely boy in your class.

Can we take a moment to discuss the excessive product placement, though?? Like, wow! It was like watching a commercial within a movie. From Core Water to Pizza Hut to Lucky Charms to KFC to basically you name it, He’s All That probably had no problem finding sponsors. Some viewers had strong reactions to this product placement. However. TikTok went crazy with this and didn’t forget to mention all the film mistakes too. That is the power of social media! Lots and lots of viral videos showed the obvious mistakes of the film and the not-so-subtle placement of products.

Aside from all that, I think He’s All That is worth the watch. Grab your best friends, popcorn, and TikTok and enjoy!

Payton Dennis is a senior at Texas Christian University, studying Strategic Communications and Digital Culture and Data Analytics. She is from Houston, TX and spends her time working out, watching the newest (and oldest) movies, binge-watching Sex and the City, updating her social media pages, and so much more!