Hayden Mahaney- Our New Campus Correspondent!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCU chapter.

Meet Hayden Mahaney, Her Campus TCU’s new Campus Correspondent and President! Our chapter is so excited to have Hayden as our new President and Editor-in-Chief. Hayden is not only super sweet and hardworking, but she has a lot of passion and creative ideas! Keep reading to learn more about Hayden and her hopes for the upcoming school year! 

Q: Tell us a little bit about yourself Hayden! What brought you TCU?

A: “I grew up in a small town in Oklahoma, and when it came time to begin looking at colleges, I knew that I wanted to step out of my comfort zone and go somewhere new. I wasn’t really considering TCU, but when on a Texas college road trip, my family stopped to tour and I absolutely fell in love. TCU is new and different, but I still get that small town feel that I had growing up.”

Q: What are you studying?

A: “I am currently a pre-business student, but I’m planning on declaring accounting as my major.”

Q: What made you decide to join Her Campus TCU?

A: “In high school, I absolutely loved my English classes. I was one of those weird students who actually enjoyed AP timed writings. I would get a thrill from formulating a beautiful sentence, and when I came to college, I wanted the opportunity to continue writing for fun. Her Campus was the perfect fit!”

Q: What made you apply for the Campus Correspondent position?

A: “I have absolutely loved being a part of the Her Campus staff. As I was looking for ways to deepen my involvement on campus, taking over a leadership position seemed like a natural step.”

Q: What are you most excited for the next few semesters with HC TCU?

A: “I’m so excited for different opportunities to grow and develop as a chapter!”

Q: What are your goals for the chapter?

A: “I want to help grow our chapter and increase marketing. We have such talented young ladies who write amazing pieces, and it would be awesome to further promote their articles and the Her Campus website as a whole.”

Q: What’s something most people don’t know about you?

A: “My go to response for this question is that I’ve owned cows! I do not come across as a ‘country girl’ so it’s always surprising when people find out that I’ve had eleven plus cows, all named after various chocolates and chocolate bars!”

Q: What do you hope to do after graduation?

A: “After graduation, I hope to find a job in another new city! I love traveling and big cities have always intrigued me. I would love to live in Portland or Ney York City. I don’t really care too much where I end up, as long as I’m able to continually experience new things!”

HC TCU is so excited to have Hayden as the new leader! If you’re interested in joining our Staff, please check back to our website, Facebook page, Instagram, and Twitter in August to learn more about the application process. 

Photo courtesy of Hayden