Dorm Decorations Decoded

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCU chapter.

There is no denying that your dorm room is your home away from home while you attend college. Why not decorate your room so that it is both comfortable and a representation of your personality? If your dorm room could use a little revamp, follow the tips below on how to make your room the perfect space:

1. Hang inspirational or funny quotes on your wall. They are sure to cheer you up when you are feeling down or need a little inspiration to study for that midterm.

2. Lamps. Having a lamp (or a few) around your room exudes a warmer hue of light than the overheads in the ceiling. This is bound to make your space feel more homey and cozy.

3. Art. Hanging art on your wall is a great way to add a pop of color to your wall and it might even put you in a good mood. This also gives you a great opportunity to get all of your friends together for a craft night!

4. Rugs. Having a rug on your floor can give your room an extra dose of style and comfort.

Hopefully one of these ideas gives you some inspiration for your room. Happy decorating!

​(All Photos courtesy of Pinterest)

Caroline Pope is a freshman Fashion Merchandising major at TCU. She is from Nashville, loves going to the movies, tiny animals and trying new restaurants. Caroline is enjoying being a part of the International Justice Mission, Phi Mu sorority, Delight college ministries and is a member of the writing team for Her Campus TCU.
Hayden is a sophomore business major at Texas Christian University. She is a currently the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus TCU.