This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCU chapter.

It’s finally Fall, and as the weather cools down and the days get shorter, nothing sounds more appealing than curling up with your favorite movies and tv shows. Each month, Netflix makes sure to keep us hooked by releasing more of our favorites. From classic movies to new seasons of your favorite Netflix originals, this month’s new arrivals have it all. Here are some of the highlights for October 2021:

Oct 1

Titanic (1997) – This heartfelt romance follows main characters Jack Dawson (played by Leonardo DiCaprio) and Rose DeWitt Bukater (played by Kate Winslet) in a Romeo and Juliet-esque love affair aboard the iconic Titanic. With a forbidden love affair amidst tragedy, this movie is sure to pull at the heartstrings. Directed by James Cameron, this Academy Award-winning film has us hoping that Netflix never lets go of this classic.

Hairspray (2007) – This movie musical takes place in 1960’s Baltimore, showcasing main character Tracy Turnblad as she turns into a household name after winning a spot on her favorite show, “The Corny Collins Show.” What starts as a lighthearted story takes an uplifting turn as Tracy becomes determined to integrate diversity into the hit show. This reboot of the original 1988 film and hit Broadway musical will be sure to make you want to get off the couch and dance!

Spy Kids Trilogy: Including Spy Kids, Spy Kids 2: The Island of Lost Dreams, and Spy Kids 3: Game Over, this childhood favorite will be joining Netflix in its entirety at the start of this month. The action-comedy follows siblings Juni and Carmen Cortez, the children of two ex-spies, and their adventures while following in their family’s footsteps. The entire trilogy runs for a little longer than 4.5 hours, the perfect amount of time for a nostalgic binge.

Oct 6

Love is Blind: Brazil (Season 1) – This social experiment/reality television hybrid follows 30 men and women searching for love. However, this binge-worthy series has a twist: the contestants cannot see or hear each other. While on the show, these hopeful singles live in individual spaces, only communicating on dates in “pods” which are separated to avoid contact. At any point during the series, the men can choose to propose, and only then can they meet face to face. While the first season aired at the beginning of 2020, the spinoff version taking place in Brazil will be available to stream at the beginning of this month.

Oct 15

You (Season 3) – Last, but certainly not least, this popular Netflix original airs its third season in the middle of this month. It follows main character Joe Goldberg (played by Penn Badgley) on his rather twisted path to finding love. I can’t say much more without spoiling; however, I will say that this haunting series will have you constantly confused as to who you’re actually rooting for. With each of the past two seasons ending on cliffhangers, Netflix knows exactly how to leave us wanting more.