Alpha Omicron Pi President: Emily Hughes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCU chapter.

On any given day, one can find Emily Hughes roaming the halls of Palko or studying in Club Lib. While she is one of the busiest women on campus, she always has a smile on her face! As Alpha Omicron Pi’s recently elected president, she thrives to make a name for herself and her chapter!

Name: Emily Hughes

Year: Junior, Class of 2017

Hometown: Houston, TX

Major: Early Childhood Education

Q: What do you want TCU to know about AOII?

A: “Honestly, I think the women in our chapter are hilarious! No matter where I am, if I’m with another AOII, I am always laughing.”

Q: What is the best quality about your chapter?

A: “The best quality about my chapter is the fact that there are so many people that you can connect with! I have so much in common with the women in AOII because they’re always doing things. I see my sisters involved in clubs and organizations all over campus.”

Q: What’s your favorite study spot?

A: “The library!! I concentrate the best in the library.”

Q: Date, Marry, Kill! Niall Horan, Leonardo DiCaprio, and Jimmy Fallon

A: “I would marry Jimmy Fallon, date Leo, and kill Niall. And here is my reasoning: Jimmy Fallon would make me laugh everyday for the rest of my life, Leo would be fun for a while but his character in Django (Unchained) has left a permanent scar on my heart, and I would kill Niall because he’s an angel and he needs to return to heaven where he belongs. I would also marry Jimmy because The Tonight Dough is my favorite Ben & Jerry’s flavor.”

Q: What’s your weirdest habit?

A: “My weirdest habit has to be…breaking out into songs from the Hamilton soundtrack. Especially before tests. It’s an amazing stress relief!”

Q: What has been your most embarrassing moment on campus?

A: “My most embarrassing moment on campus involves aspects from every mental breakdown I’ve had in the lib (especially this past week). I also fell off a chair in one of my classes last week, but only 3 people saw. Does that count?”

Megan is a TCU Journalism major from New Orleans, Louisiana. She can be found talking about Scandal or the Bachelor on any given day, and enjoys writing in her free time.