halloween costumes enneagram types?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
halloween costumes enneagram types?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Scott Yamano/NETFLIX © 2020
Style > Fashion

A Halloween Costume Trend That’s Simply To Die For!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCU chapter.

It’s that time of year again ladies and whether you’re breaking out your standard angel wings and devil horns or venturing into your childhood costume box to see if a child-size medium Princess Leia costume can be transformed into a cute crop, everyone is scrambling for their Halloween night fits.

I’m in the same boat. It’s practically impossible to be the perfect combination of relevant and timeless, sexy and classy, creative and recognizable, and complete but under budget. The challenge is enormous. Frankly, I was struggling. Then one day, lo and behold, the internet gods graced me with inspiration. It’s a trend called, “Rhyme Without Reason”.

Rhyme WITHOUT reason

The idea is a series of couples’ costumes, but as we single folk know those can always be expanded into friend group looks. Anyways, the two participating people dress up as two things or people that rhyme but have no other correlation to each other whatsoever. It’s hilarious and unique, and you can tailor it to your own interests, wardrobe, party theme, and more! The trend is also perfect for anyone who loves to add a sense of humor to their outfits. Here are some of my favorite ideas for the trend…

1. Sleeping Beauty and Call of Duty
  2. James Bond and Legally Blonde
  3. Greece and Police
  4. Aquatic and Patriotic
  5. Harry (Potter or Styles) and Perry (the platypus, duh)
  6. Fairy and Dairy
  7. Belle and Odel (Beckham Jr.)
  8. Flapper and Rapper
  9. Queen and Mr. Clean
  10. 80s Fitness and Merry Christmas
  11. Mermaid and First Aid
  12. Miley Cyrus and Coronavirus
  13. Wizard and Blizzard
  14. Minnie (Mouse) and Winnie (the Pooh)
  15. Butterfly and FBI
  16. Bird and Nerd
  17. Tinkerbell and Angel from Hell
  18. Mime and Crime
  19. Writer and Fighter
  20. Swim and Kim (Kardashian)
  21. Taylor Swift and Weight-lift
  22. Athlete and Wall Street
  23. King and Stranger Things
  24. Killer and Mac Miller
  25. Black Cat and Acrobat

This Halloween idea is relatively new, so don’t be surprised if a Google search for outfit inspiration is a little lacking. But, the goal of the concept is to get creative! If you can rhyme two or more things, there’s your reason to dress up! Happy Halloween!

Colleen Wyrick is President of the Her Campus at TCU chapter. She enjoys writing about current pop culture events, female empowerment, and her latest book/TV interest. She loves her role and connecting with new members! Colleen is an aspiring writer/editor/publisher/professor and is a junior (*sigh*) at Texas Christian University studying English and Communication. In addition to Her Campus, she contributes to academic publications for the English Department and works for TCU’s social media team. She is very passionate about books, Marvel, chocolate, soccer, and all things comfortable. You can find her doing anything and everything because she loves new adventures!