This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCU chapter.

Summer is just a few weeks away and that means more time to soak up the sun and explore wherever you may happen to be.

Summer is a great time to spend time with your long distance boyfriend, your long time sweetie, or a new cutie you just met and there are plenty of fresh and fun dates for any collegiate around! Here are 16 date ideas for Summer 2016:

1.     Go to an outdoor concert.

Summer is a prime time for concerts whether it is a big headliner or a small local band. Many museums, botanical gardens, and even parks put on free concerts over the summer so grab a blanket and some snacks and enjoy a musical night with your guy.

2.     Cook a romantic meal together.

Cooking together creates a new experience for both of you. Whether only one of you know how to cook or neither of you do, you get to spend more time together while creating something. It gives you time to bond and even to learn more about each other. And if the food blows, you can always order in afterwards.

3.     Go to the lake.

In my opinion, lake dates are one of the most versatile dates possible and are one of my favorites. You can fish, fly kites, go out on a boat, kayak, or take a swim. You can even have a barbecue with a group of people while still spending time with your guy.

4.     Go out on at least one nice date.

I write this one with the long time couples in mind. Sometimes, your relationship becomes a little routine and a nice date night brings excitement. So make your dinner reservations, get dressed up, and enjoy a night out!

5.     Take a class together.

There are so many options for classes: you could take a class at your local community college, a cooking class, a dance class, or even a yoga class. The possibilities are endless here.

6.     Take a road trip.

Road trips are always fun with the right people, no matter where you go or how far away it is. So pack a bag, make a good playlist, stock up on snacks, and explore.

7.     Go thrift shopping.

You never know what you could find at a thrift store. Whether it’s something silly or something amazing, digging through everything at the thrift store can be a great way to have fun and to escape the heat.

8.     Go on a picnic.

Whether you make your own food or order it, grab a blanket, a bottle of wine (or juice), head to a park or garden, and spend time basking in the sun with a great guy and great food.

9.     Go to the drive in.

The drive in is a good way to catch the summer’s hottest movie and cuddle with your guy. Bring pillows, blankets, snacks, and enjoy the show.

10.  Learn a sport together.

If you both already play a sport then you can spend time honing your skills. If not, you can learn to play a sport together and have a good time laughing at each other.

11.  Spend time with each other’s families.

For many people, their families are an important aspect of their life. If you spend time with his family, it shows him that you actually care and are invested.

12.  Go to a festival.

Many cities have small street festivals and carnivals for you to enjoy. Others have large summer festivals that are the hottest things of the summer. Either way, you can’t go wrong.

13.  Take your dogs out for a walk.

If both of you love dogs, take your dogs to a dog park or just out for a walk. Dogs bring people together and are always cute and cuddly.

14.  Try a new restaurant every time you go out to eat.

Eating at the same old places can get boring sometimes, especially in your hometown. Make an effort to seek out new places to eat. You can eat each course at a different restaurant or go on a restaurant crawl.

15.  Take a trip to the spa.

Spa days are a great way to relax you mentally and physically. Going to the spa can be a new experience that both of you try together.

16.  Have a movie night.

Sometimes, a good old fashioned movie night is the way to go. Just pick a few movies, grab snacks, and cuddle in front of the TV. 

Photo Source

Judy is a TCU Freshman and Fort Worth native who enjoys exploring the DFW area. She is passionate about eating sushi, watching Friends, and going to concerts. One day, she hopes to be an optometrist and a sushi connoisseur. Judy is always down for a good time and to experience new things.