This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

“Women have always been the strong ones of the world”- Coco Chanel

Many times in today’s world women are looked down upon, criticized for the minute details, and held to a different standard than their counterparts. Not only are these some of the struggles women face, but also the constant pressure of marriage, children, and making sure everyone else is happy. However, these are not the aspects that encompass what it means to be a woman.

Sure, there are struggles and people who stand in the way, but that should never stop a girl from dreaming and becoming.

Being a woman is being able to show strength even in the toughest of times.

Being a woman is being able to lead by example knowing that she can influence a generation of people.

Being a woman is being able to realize her own potential and continue striving for success.

Being a woman is being able to have self-respect and not caring about what others have to say about her.

Being a woman is being able to have confidence in herself by appreciating who she is and embracing her femininity.

Being a woman is being able to have a purpose in this world by setting goals and motivating herself to fulfill those desires. The woman lives by the motto that anything is possible as long as you set your heart to it.

Being a woman is being honest in every aspect of her life.

Being a woman is being your own self. When you choose to be independent, when you follow your dreams, when you’re the leader of the pack, you will always encounter haters and envious people, but remember that being happy and accepting yourself comes before anything else.

So, to all the women out there remember you are amazing no matter what anyone says. Embrace your femininity and be proud to be a woman!

“Here’s to strong women, may we know them, may we be them, may we raise them”

A current elementary education student at TCNJ. I have a passion for teaching, I love to write, watch TV, I'm a foodie and love anything related to fashion/beauty!
Cait is the Co-Editor-In-Chief at HCTCNJ, and describes her life with two simple words: organized chaos.