The Top 7 Must-See Movies of Summer 2015

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

We’re all excited for summer and sunshine, but occasionally it’s nice to trade a night outside with mosquitos for a few hours inside. This summer, get ready to spend quite a few of your nights eating popcorn inside a cool, dark room, because there are too many good movies premiering in the next few months to miss!

1. Pitch Perfect 2: the anticipated sequel to our favorite A Capella movie of all time. Directed by the hilarious Elizabeth Banks, we all know this movie is going to be an instant favorite, just like the first. It premiered on May 15 and is the perfect way to start your summer break!

2. Aloha – Out May 29, this star-studded cast includes Bradley Cooper, Emma Stone, Rachel McAdams, Bill Murray, John Krasinski and Alec Baldwin. Cooper plays a military contractor, who re-connects with his ex, (McAdams) while unexpectedly falling for the Air Force watchdog (Stone) assigned to him. Sounds like a great story line, but let’s be honest, we’d see any movie that has both Bradley Cooper and John Krasinski in it.

4. Ted 2 – Seth McFarlane returns as the writer, director and voice actor of the sequel to the hit R-rated movie Ted released back in 2012. The sequel stars McFarlane and Mark Wahlberg, who fight to prove that Ted is actually a person in a court of law, in order to qualify to be a parent. This movie is definitely not for everyone, but if you laugh out loud while watching shows like Family Guy, you won’t be able to stop laughing at Ted 2, out June 26.

6. Minions – The minions were the best (and cutest) part of the Despicable Me movies, so cute in fact that they acquired their own movie! The movie, out July 10, is a prequel to Despicable Me. We join the minions as they search for new evil villains to follow, until they eventually find Scarlett Overkill, voiced by Sandra Bullock.

7. Paper Towns – If you love John Green and have read all of his books, then you are probably already super excited for this movie to release this summer. Supermodel Cara Delevingne and TFIOS actor Nat Wolff star in this romantic adventure film, as Quentin (Wolff) and his friends embark upon the road trip of their lives to find the missing girl next door. If you haven’t read the book, 1.) you should, and 2.) you should still definitely stand in line to see this movie, coming out on July 24. 

TCNJ Senior Journalism major, Interactive Multimedia minor.