This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

New year, new you, new beauty routine. For the beauty-conscious woman on a budget, the picks in this list are to switch up the products you use and get results — all under $30. The goal: to get healthier, more radiant skin and hair on a budget.  Whether your skin is dry or sensitive, you dabble in makeup or you’re a full-blown artist looking to introduce new products to your bag, this list has you covered with ten picks that can be found at your local Sephora, Ulta Beauty, and CVS stores. And although $30 can sound a little pricey, here’s a little life tip: sometime splurging on the well-reviewed, good-quality brand actually proves to be more frugal than purchasing the drugstore dupe that could deliver no results.

1.     Sephora Face Mask, $8

Not only does this face mask come in a convenient cap for non-messy access, it also makes it great for travel and provides up to five uses!

2.     Philosophy Purity Made Simple Facial Cleanser, $24

There’s a reason why this face wash is so highly regarded — it has earned the award for Reader’s Choice in Allure Magazine for ten years —and has been lauded on other beauty sites because simply, it works. A one-step cleanser made for all skin types with a gentle aroma and soft, creamy formula, Purity has a cult following for good reason.

3.     Tarte’s Tartelette Tease Eyeshadow Palette, $23

The mini version of Tarte’s Tartelette Eyeshadow Palette, this one makes for great on-the-go makeup looks and is the perfect travel size. The six colors — Whisper, Heartbreaker, Crush, BFF, Wink, and First Kiss — are all neutral rosey-tones, making it easy for wearers of all skins tones to convert their day look to night easily.

4.     Real Techniques Flawless Base Set, $20

Complete with soft, cruelty-free bristles and a cute neon orange color, this brush set comes with everything you need for a full look: buffing brush, detailer brush, contour brush, and a square foundation brush. Created by British Youtube-sensations and makeup artists Sam and Nic Chapman, the Real Techniques line offers affordable, cute, and quality brushes that are guaranteed to make your routine easier and your look flawless. Hack: find these sets at TJMaxx or Marshall’s for under $10!

5.     MAC Ruby Woo Lipstick, $18

Many have called it the perfect red lipstick. Coming from the long-trusted brand, MAC Cosmetics, Ruby Woo glides on smoothly and leaves lips feeling moisturized and soft. Hack: Use the apply-dab-apply technique to help it last longer and give your lips a stain that will last all day.

6.     OGX Dry Shampoo, $8

Coming from a line of well-reviewed shampoos, conditioners, and other hair products, this dry shampoo is perfect for keeping second day hair cute without resorting to a hat or a headband. It doesn’t spray on grey or leave any sticky residue, and it comes in multiple different scents to add to that fresh-hair feeling.

7.     Benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash Mascara, $24

If there’s one thing Benefit is known for — besides it’s eyebrow kits, tips & tricks — it’s mascara. Roller Lash is for lengthening and curling, and comes with a curled wand to make lashes really curve and pop. Tip: Skip the eye-lash curler when you use Roller Lash  — you won’t need it.

8.     Simple Micellar Water, $8

Beauty brand Simple is known for its dedication to keeping their products gentle and basic for sensitive skin. Their Micellar water — which comes in two formulas, cleansing and water boost — can be used as a one-step cleanser or as a second-step for removing the makeup and dirt that your first wash left behind. Simply apply with a cotton round and swipe all over your face to remove the grime and dirt from the day.

9.     Evian Mineral Water Facial Spray, $18

For the makeup gurus out there, you’ll know how important a setting or refreshing facial spray is. Not only can it brighten your face and freshen your makeup, it can also help to keep everything from drooping throughout the day. This particular facial spray by Evian is made for all skin types, but is targeted toward helping skin that tends to feel a little dryer throughout the day. Apply after your morning makeup routine as well as whenever necessary throughout the day. Hack: These facial sprays come in mini-sizes that are small enough to fit in a purse for easy on-the-go use.

10.   Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Highlighter, $29

We hear ya — highlighter isn’t for everyone, which is okay! It is an advanced step in the makeup process that adds just a little shimmery light to the cheeks, or a lot, depending on who you are and where you’re going. This particular highlighter is formulated from Amazonian clay and gives off a light base that you can build up for a full glow.

Cover Photo Source

Olivia Grasing is a journalism student who aspires to work in the fashion/lifestyle industry.
Kyra Mackesy graduated The College of New Jersey with a BA in Journalism and Professional Writing and a minor in Criminology in 2019. While at TCNJ, she was an active member of their Her Campus chapter, holding a wide array of positions: President and Campus Correspondent, Editor-in-Chief, Senior Editor, Marketing and Publicity Director, and Social Media Manager. She loved seeing her chapter grow throughout her four years in college, and will remain an active Her Campus Alumni.