Things to Do When Quarantined

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

It’s only been a week or so, but it feels like so much longer. I’ve compiled a list of 20 things you can do when self-quarantined. If you’re bored and feel like losing your mind, try something on this list, but make sure you keep practicing social distancing! Stay healthy and safe:)

Facetime your friends

Everyone is in the same boat as you. Seeing your friends’ faces might alleviate the pain of staying home alone for a bit.

Go for a walk

Practice social distancing, but go outside every so often to get that vitamin D. It’s nice to breathe some fresh air after being cooped up all day.

Ride your bike

I dusted off my bike and went for a ride around the neighborhood, and it was amazing.

Learn a new language

That’s what Duolingo’s for! Pick up a new language and surprise your friends when you come out of quarantine.

Take lots of naps

Catch up on all the sleep you missed while you were at school. I bet you’re tired.

Clean out your closet

Take some time to organize your closet. Donate and throw out stuff you don’t need. Use this time to “tidy up” your life with Marie Kondo.

Online shop

After you’ve cleaned out your closet, browse all the stores online. There are crazy sales going on everywhere.

Pick up an instrument

If you have an old instrument lying around, like a piano or a guitar, learn a new song!

Cook up something new

Learn a new recipe! Look through your fridge and see what calls you.

Follow a Bob Ross Tutorial

The master. He says half an hour, but we all know it takes longer than that.

Play video games

I found my old Nintendo DS and was elated to find Super Mario Bros. I won’t lie, I spent a lot longer than I’d like to admit on one level.

Watch virtual concerts on Instagram

A lot of celebrities have been going live on Instagram and putting on little concerts. Some sing, while others just sit and interact with their followers.

Learn some new TikTok dances

I am guilty of this. I have a lot of time on my hands, and the songs are super catchy.

Work out

While I would very much like to sit and eat junk food all day in front of the TV, doing a squat here and there won’t hurt, right?

Do your homework

Might as well.

Bake a cake

Satisify your sweet tooth and bake something.

Discover some new music

Or rediscover! I’ve been listening to a lot of Hozier and loving it. Listen to go “Work Song” and tell me he isn’t magic.

Binge that show you’ve had on your list

I have to be honest, I’ve more TV than I’d like to admit, and my screen time is dangerously high. But still, binge watching a show means that I actually accomplished something.

Watch movies with friends

Netflix party is free, and gives you a chance to chat while watching something on Netflix.

Wash your hands

Even if you’re inside, it doesn’t hurt. Stay clean and stay safe!

Minji Kim

TCNJ '22

Minji is a senior English and Elementary Education major who is passionate about skincare, turtlenecks, and accurate book-to-movie adaptations.