The Best Places To Get a Sweet Treat On Campus

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Everybody loves a sweet treat, but where can one find the best on campus? Here I have the top five places to satisfy your cravings, and they are all located on campus!

1. Redberry Froyo 

Redberry Froyo is conveniently located in Campus Town and has a variety of frozen yogurt options, smoothies, and other treats. My personal favorite from last year was a combination of the cookie monster froyo with brownie bits and cookie dough on top; although I must warn that frozen yogurt that is dyed blue will have no issue turning your mouth and lips blue as well. Nonetheless, Redberry has many different flavors and toppings to choose from so the customization is entirely up to you! If you’re into unconventional or unusual combinations, Redberry will likely have exactly what you want. They are also always adding new flavors into the mix with the most recent one being mint chocolate chip. An additional bonus is that Redberry accepts cash, card, and Campus Town dollars! If you have a meal plan on campus, you automatically have Campus Town dollars added into your account, so you don’t have to worry about having money in your wallet. 

1. T-Dubs 

Everyone loves T-Dubs. I don’t think I have ever met anyone on campus who dislikes the convenience. I lived in the Towers freshman year and loved going down to T-Dubs to get my dinner and a sweet treat. As far as I am concerned, the ice cream brownie sundae is the best thing T-Dubs offers. You can eat the brownie by itself or how I personally liked it: throwing it in the microwave for 15 seconds and warming it up for divulging. If you are not a big fan of chocolate, T-Dubs also has banana muffins, chocolate chip muffins, chocolate chip cookies, milkshakes, and ice cream which are all equally delicious! They also offer banana splits, churros, churro sundaes, and ice cream sandwiches. T-Dubs accepts points, meal equivalency, and credit cards which allows students to pay any way they would like to. 

1. C-store 

The C-store is equipped with a variety of snacks that can curb any craving. From powdered donuts to cinnamon pita chips to F’Real milkshakes, the C-store can satisfy all your packaged snack wants and needs. Located right next to Eickoff and open later than most places you can get food on campus, you can run into the C-store if you’re ever in a bind for a snack before class, or craving a treat at night. The C-store only accepts points, but all students with a meal plan are automatically set up with points every semester. 

1. Eick 

Every year freshmen discover the ice cream machine in Eickoff and go crazy, almost like a rite of passage. Eickhoff Dining Hall has an ice cream machine located near Bliss Bakery with soft serve vanilla and chocolate ice cream. You can eat the ice cream as is, make your own sundae, or get creative, take some cookies, and make an ice cream sandwich! If you aren’t feeling ice cream on a particular day, Bliss Bakery is stocked with new baked goods every single day. Unlike the rest of these options, Eickoff does not require any money. Instead, you must have a meal plan or have utilized a friend’s guest swipes to access Eick food and treats. 

1. Traditions

Traditions, which is located in the Student Center, is home to some of the school’s best food options, as long as you don’t mind the wait. If you ever find yourself sitting in traditions with your friends wanting a little something sweet, the warm skillet brownie is the item to get. Traditions accepts points and credit cards for a simple and easy transaction. 

I am a Sophomore Marketing and Leadership student and I am very excited to be working with Her Campus!