Style

Teddy Jacket Talk: The Popular Trend that will Keep you Warm

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

As a teenage girl, I am not immune to the teddy jacket. Walking around campus, I need more than my fingers to count how many people have on fluffy sherpa jackets, ranging in different styles and colors. This jacket trend was popular back in the winter of 2018, but has stayed as a steady staple for the past few months. As soon as the fall breeze hit, girls pulled out their teddy jackets. Hopping on the bandwagon, I admittedly bought one that makes me look like the Abominable Snowman. However, I wear it proudly; it is possibly the softest thing I have ever owned. After trying it on, my friend shrugged and said, “Pretty soft.” So, just know that it has Danny’s seal of approval.

IMG Source Minji Kim

Although I am not quite sure how it all started, I know that the brand I.AM.GIA popularized the teddy coat. I.AM.GIA jackets retail for about 120 dollars, and are sold on the Urban Outfitters website, along with various other teddy jackets. The UO brand jackets go upwards of $200 and go down to about $70-80, but it’s quite pricey for a jacket. But in the words of my sister, “It keeps me warm! I swear!” And I can contest to that- it does a pretty good job of blocking harsh winds.

IMG Source Minji Kim

If you don’t want to spend a lot of money to hop on the trend, there are a lot of cheaper alternatives out there on the internet. SHEIN and Zaful are two sites that are known for their low prices, which is understandable, since their quality isn’t as great as you would hope. Still, for a seasonal jacket, it’s quite reasonable. Another great place to find cheaper solutions is Amazon.com. Sherpa and teddy jackets go for about 30 dollars, and if you have Prime, they arrive in a matter of days. How much better can it get?

IMG Source Minji Kim

I have a feeling that teddy jackets will be in season for many winters to come, so if you don’t have one now, go and get one. It’ll keep you warm and looking like every single teen girl walking on campus!

Minji Kim

TCNJ '22

Minji is a senior English and Elementary Education major who is passionate about skincare, turtlenecks, and accurate book-to-movie adaptations.
Mia is a writer for Her20s and former President of Her Campus TCNJ. She loves Her Campus's ability to empower the women of campus and beyond, and she hopes to continue spreading the site's messages of confidence and positivity. You can most likely find her reading, wandering around Trader Joes, or laying on the beach. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter @missmiaingui.