Steve Munoz, TCNJ’s Very Own Pippin

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Get to know this week’s Campus Cutie, Steve Munoz!  Starring as Pippin in TMT’s production of Pippin, which runs Nov. 14 through 17.  Steve can often be found making people laugh and befriending everyone!

Name: Steve Munoz

Nicknames: Lil Steve, Lil Pip, Salsa, Steve Noglasses

Age/Year: 18/Freshman

Hometown: Hopatcong, Sussex County

What are you studying here?: English Secondary Education (and I would like to do a Visual Performing Arts minor)

Hobbies: Acting, singing, dancing, improv comedy, reading, watching Community, clothes shopping, lunch eating, trying to be friends with everyone, leaving my water bottle everywhere, turning little tasks into adventures

Activities on-campus: TMT, ACT, Mixed Signals, Student Film Union, PRISM, saying hello to people 

Why did you choose TCNJ?: I loved how much importance it puts on its education program (the new building is so beautiful!), the pricetag, and how community oriented it seemed.

Future goals/dreams:  Dream-wise, I would love to be able to act for the rest of my life.  Even if just on the community theatre level, as a hobby.  Goal-wise, I would like to be a high school English teacher, and maybe one day an administrator.  Underneath all of that, though, I really want to be a father and have a family. 

Favorite musicians:  Taking Back Sunday is my favorite band.  Andy McMahon (Something Corporate, Jack’s Mannequin) can do no wrong in my eyes.  William Beckett (The Academy Is…) will always hold a place in my heart.  Bayside is great.  Beyonce is a superb human being.  

Favorite movie: 500 Days of Summer.  

Favorite TV show: Community!

Favorite food: Hummus. 

Funny Quirks: I like to eat my salad with cottage cheese.  Is that funny, or gross?  I don’t really know.  I also really love prunes, breaking into song and dance randomly, and walking off the sidewalk to feel the natural ground beneath my feet and kick up piles of leaves.  

Pet Peeves: How the dryers seem to be in constant use.  Like, CONSTANT use.  Also, the pronunciation of “crayon” as “cran” or “crown.”  There is CLEARLY a “y” acting as a consonant between two normal vowel sounds. How that is turned into one syllable is beyond me.  “Cray-on” is NOT difficult to say. 

Fun fact: I love cats.  If you don’t, that’s fine.  We can still get along.  But just know that I love them.  

Best college memory so far: I love all the memories I have made so far, but getting cast as Pippin and making it into the Mixed Signals are two memories that are high up on the list.  The people I have met through the theatre groups are incredible and have taught me so much in a very short time. I also love my floor mates.  

Describe yourself in three words:  Enthusiastic, Friendly, Allovertheplace

If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?:  Angkor Wat would be incredible to see in person, I imagine. 

Favorite thing about/memory from doing Pippin:  I have loved everything about Pippin, so the whole experience is one big “favorite experience.”  That seems like a really lame answer but it is hard for me to isolate one specific moment.  Especially right now because, as I type this, we have four days until opening night; everything is kind of a blur right now. 

Rachel Chlebowski is an alumna of The College of New Jersey, where she sang with I-Tunes A Cappella, created props for TCNJ Musical Theater, spread literary cheer through Sigma Tau Delta English Honor Society, and wrote for Her Campus TCNJ. She enjoys reading novels and watching Netflix when she isn't editing manuscripts and media.
Hilarey Wojtowicz is a senior Journalism/Professional Writing major at The College of New Jersey. Hilarey works for TCNJ's Residential Education and Housing Department as a Community Advisor, but is truly aspiring to be the next Carrie Bradshaw. Not only does Hilarey love writing for her campus's chapter of Her Campus, but she enjoys writing about sports for local newspapers, as well. A true Jersey girl at heart, Hilarey is definitely not from the Boston area, but is a huge fan of the New England Patriots. You can find her interning in New York City this Fall at Woman's Day Magazine.