Rob $tone Takes on Funival

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

This Wednesday, May 3rd, the STUD atrium was filled with music.

“Check out the concert this year at Funival!” CUB event coordinator Max Falvey welcomed the meal equiv crowd with lemon Italian ice -lemon flavored for Stone’s lemon decorated album covers- and dollar bills, decorated with ROB $TONE’s name in bold.

Falvey, along with his partner Dana Gorab, the co-chairs of CUB Alt, have been busy planning the concert since the beginning of April.

“Rob $tone is one of those viral sensation type rappers,” said Falvey. “The second people hear his song, the room always erupts.”

The “Chill Bill” artist will be performing on campus during the end-of-year carnival, Funival, this Friday, at 8pm; the first concert that Funival will be holding since 2014.

$tone soared to popularity following the release of his Straight Bummin’ mixtape in 2015. He is best known for his debut single, “Chill Bill”, which took over Spotify playlists globally this past fall. The song debuted at 99 on the US Billboard Hot 100 and made its way up to an impressive 29.

“I’m excited!” Said Dana Gorab, co-coordinator with Falvey. “I think the reveal went over really well.”

$tone will be performing with opener Saba, who works closely with Chance The Rapper.

“Saba is a rising young star who a lot of people are looking at right now,” said Falvey. “We didn’t think we would be able to have him as an available opener.”

The concert is set to take place in Lot 6, lasting from 8-10 p.m. If the carnival is pushed back to Saturday, $tone will be performing inside the student center on Friday at the same time.

TCNJ Senior Journalism major, Interactive Multimedia minor.