Products That Support Breast Cancer Awareness

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.
As October comes to an end and we’re fully in the season of Fall with crisp air, vibrant leaves, warm apple cidar, and sweater weather, we also remember that this month has also been Breast Cancer Awareness month! As a college student swamped with midterms and the stresses of pulling together a creative Halloween costume, it may seem difficult to donate or raise awareness to Breast Cancer research, or any non-profit. However, there is a simple solution to this: shopping! What a way to fight breast cancer! There are numerous clothing and beauty products available that can satisfy that craving for retail therapy you have, while you are simultaneously supporting breast cancer research. You can shop guilt-free knowing that your money can impact the lives of thousands of women across the world…talk about a win-win! Here are some ideas! 

1) EOS 2015 Breast Cancer Awareness Pack: Every girls favorite lip balm. If you purchase this Eos two-pack through November 2015, Eos will donate all of the proceeds to Breast Cancer research at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York. The two-pack comes with Strawberry Sorbet and yummy Wildberry. You can find this product in pretty much any drug store for only $6.99!  

2) Aerie Bright Pink Limited Edition Bralette: This adorable hot pink bralette will look cute under any sheer or low cut top for only $24.95. But the best part is, American Eagle will donate all of the proceeds to Bright Pink. Bright pink is a nonprofit organization that focuses on prevention of breast and ovarian cancer.  

3) Ralph Lauren Romance Fragrances: Yep, that’s right. Ralph Lauren’s sweet fragrance Midnight Romance ($105), will donate all of their proceeds to Ralph Lauren’s Pink Pony fund. Pink Pony is another organization whose initiative is to fight breast cancer. Although this fragrance is on the expensive side, you can purchase them now and save them for a great holiday gift! 

4) Sonia Kashuk Proudly Pink 5 Piece Brush Set: For only $16 at target, you can get a powder brush, a concealer brush, an eye shadow brush, a crease brush and a bent eye liner brush. Fifteen percent of the proceeds will be donated to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation. 

The items above are only a few examples of products that you can buy to help contribute to breast cancer research. On the Breast Cancer Research Foundation website, there is a Shop Pink section that has products anything from beauty and jewelry to entertainment and food/ beverage products. This directly donates your money to cancer research in exchange for a trendy product. 

Cait is the Co-Editor-In-Chief at HCTCNJ, and describes her life with two simple words: organized chaos.