This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

The great thing about having various streaming platforms at our fingertips is that we can now rewatch and relive our favorite childhood TV moments. There are so many shows and platforms to choose from, though. As a result, I’ve compiled a list of my favorite childhood shows and where to watch them. 

Victorious

Victorious has to be one of the most defining TV shows of my childhood. The show follows the lead character, Tori Vega, on her adventures with her group of talented friends. Not only is the show weirdly entertaining, but every season has an incredible soundtrack. Who could forget the iconic time Jade (played by Elizabeth Gillies) and Cat (played by Ariana Grande) sang “Give it Up” in Karaoke Dokie? You can start binging this show on Netflix today.

Hannah Montana 

If you don’t remember the show Hannah Montana, you must’ve been living under a rock from 2006 until 2011. Miley Stewart, a small town girl, secretly lives a double life as a pop star. The show follows her hilarious and sometimes emotional struggle of balancing a normal life with super stardom, all while her high school classmates have no clue. I mean, come on people, putting on a wig didn’t change her face! Anyway, this show is available on Disney+ for your binging pleasure. If you have an unlimited plan with Verizon, you may be able to get Disney+ for a full year for free!

iCarly

Another show that ruled my childhood is iCarly. The producer of this comedy, Dan Schneider, also produced Victorious, Drake and Josh, and Zoey 101. This man produced some of my favorite shows growing up and even threw in some inside jokes that get referenced in his other shows. For example, if you take a look at Carly’s locker at school you’ll see a picture of Drake Bell on the inside. This is especially funny because she played Drake’s evil younger sister in Drake and Josh. If you’re looking for an upbeat show with some very quirky humor, you would enjoy watching this show on Amazon Prime. Unfortunately, it is only available to rent or buy seasons/episodes through this platform.

Drake and Josh

Another Nickelodeon classic is Drake and Josh. The show follows step brothers Drake and Josh and all of the shenanigans they get into. There are so many iconic episodes, such as when they got a job making sushi and when they built (and got stuck in) a treehouse. I personally think this is the show on this list that makes me laugh the most. With iconic characters like Crazy Steve and lines like, “Well I ain’t calling you a truther!” Who wouldn’t fall in love with this show? You can start streaming it on Hulu now.

Wizards of Waverly Place

The last show that earned a special place in my heart is Wizards of Waverly Place. When I think of this show, I feel the happy, nostalgic, warm feeling that I would get when I watched Disney Channel growing up. The show follows a family of wizards – on Waverly Place believe it or not – who must hide their powers from the world while also training for the family wizard competition. The competition will determine which one of the kids, Alex, Justin, or Max, will get to keep their powers as an adult. Selena Gomez plays a sarcastic yet lovable high school student who is always getting in trouble. If you ever want a feel good show that makes you feel nostalgic, you can stream Wizards of Waverly Place on Disney+.

Senior Marketing major who has a passion for makeup and the color pink
Minji Kim

TCNJ '22

Minji is a senior English and Elementary Education major who is passionate about skincare, turtlenecks, and accurate book-to-movie adaptations.