david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Memorable Halloween Costumes: 2013

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

By Gabrielle Galizio

Homecoming came and went but Halloween is approaching! This year, Halloween falls on a Thursday, which means a Halloweekend filled with fun times with friends. This also means that you may need to think of more than one costume this year. Here are HC TCNJ’s top three creative Halloween costumes based on events of 2013, with some pointers on how turn these into easy and cheap DIY disguises!

1. Government Shutdown: This costume is quick, easy and sure to get a laugh! Just wear a suit, some pajama pants (to show your lack of employment) and make a sign! Throw in some black shades to make yourself look extra important, and you’re a shoe-in for “Most Creative!”

Suit jacket: Kohl’s, pajamas: Target, “Closed” sign: zorotools.com

2. Miley Cyrus: We all know that this girl has caused a scene for the past couple of months. She’s made it clear that her ‘Hannah Montana’ days are over! If you want to be this twerk queen for Halloween, go right ahead, but just a warning: no one wants to see a reenactment of the ‘Wrecking Ball’ video! And don’t forget the infamous pigtail buns!

Shirt: lovecouture.com, shorts: lovecouture.com, lipstick: Revlon

3. Amanda Bynes: As we all know, this beloved Nickelodeon starlet has gone off the deep-end. After a DUI and videos of her freaking out going viral, it is sad to say that Amanda Bynes is no longer ‘All That.’ If you’re looking for a last-minute, comfortable costume, then Amanda is your girl!

Sweatpants: Nordstrom, t-shirt: H&M, wig: Party City, sunglasses: Target