Money 29 micheile henderson ZVprbBmT8QA unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Money 29 micheile henderson ZVprbBmT8QA unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Meet Justin Huang

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Everyone loves coming back to school to connect with friends and get back into the swing of academics. But for seniors, coming back is bittersweet because they know it is the last fall semester they will return for. Of course, the real world is so close and seniors are looking to make the most of their final year. HC sat down with one senior, finance major Justin Huang, about his future goals and asked him to reflect on his time at TCNJ before starting his final fall semester. 

Image Credit to Justin Huang

Where did you intern this summer and can you tell me a little bit about what you did there?

This summer I interned at Fiserv Investment Services in Warren, NJ in the finance department. As a finance intern, most of what I did can be broadly stated as internally managing the expense of the business unit. But more specifically, a couple of my major responsibilities were to book accruals during month/quarter end close, develop trend analysis to initiate cost savings, and create monthly P&Ls for senior management.

What do you hope to do after graduation?

I am not exactly sure what I want to do but ideally I would like to get into a rotational program for a wide range of companies that include: medical technology, consumer goods, and other things like that.

What are you most excited for senior year?

I am really excited for homecoming as well as playing pick-up basketball in the rec center.

Image Credit to Justin Huang

Do you have any advice for underclassmen in the business program?

Get ahead in classes and try to apply for internships early. While having responsibility free summers are fun, any real experiences you get or professional classes you take, for example online excel classes are invaluable and will give you an advantage over your peers. Also, not being afraid to ask questions is a big thing I learned as a lot of people will attest to. There’s this quote “He who asks a question remains a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask remains a fool forever”. Whether it be at a job or in class here I wouldn’t hesitate to ask questions and worry about what others think.

What was the best part about TCNJ these past three years?

The best part has definitely been hanging out with all my friends and enjoying the life of a college student.

Maddi is the current President and Campus Correspondent for HCTCNJ. She is a senior journalism student at The College of New Jersey who loves pugs, napping, and all things food.
Kyra Mackesy graduated The College of New Jersey with a BA in Journalism and Professional Writing and a minor in Criminology in 2019. While at TCNJ, she was an active member of their Her Campus chapter, holding a wide array of positions: President and Campus Correspondent, Editor-in-Chief, Senior Editor, Marketing and Publicity Director, and Social Media Manager. She loved seeing her chapter grow throughout her four years in college, and will remain an active Her Campus Alumni.