This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Coffee always adds a little extra motivation when you’re having a draining day. I always find myself producing the best work with a fresh, hot cappuccino in hand, and with midterms coming up, it will come in extra handy. With all the incoming exams in mind, I set out to find the best cup of joe that The College of New Jersey had to offer. 

Eickhoff Atrium

Eickhoff is certainly not known for its stellar food, with good reason, and the same goes for its coffee. Anyone who is looking for good-tasting and enjoyable coffee should steer clear from here, but it works as a quick pick-me-up. I find myself stopping by once in a while when I just need to chug some extra caffeine. 

There are expresso machines that should make beverages, such as lattes, macchiatos, or Americanos, but they are rarely working, so do not get your hopes up. If energy is what you need and you don’t want to spend flex points or cash, Eickhoff is your place. 

Library Café

The library café is never too far away from any academic building, making it a great stop for going to and from classes. However, this makes wait times longer with the line becoming especially long right before classes start. The quality is a great leap from Eickhoff and offers a wide selection to choose from.

I enjoy the drinks’ quality here, as the distinct coffee taste is consistent and the flavors are always delicious. The cappuccinos sometimes disappoint me because the foam often does not come out smooth, and there is a lot of space left on the top. I strongly recommend the library café because of its convenient destination and tasty drinks.

Education Café

It took me a while to realize there was a café in the education building because of how out of the way it is. My classes for my major do not take me near here, so I do not have as many chances to visit. The times that I visited the café were not bad because the education building is a bit isolated from the rest. The lines are quick depending on when you go. 

The drinks here are fairly similar to what the library café offers, but from my experience, as well as the opinion of my peers, the quality is slightly better. The taste is stronger, and the coffee has seemingly better ingredients. I also suggest pairing your coffee with a wrap or other snack as the food tastes great.

Barnes and Nobles Café

While this destination is not technically on campus, it is a popular coffee spot, so it should be included. I have a lot of experience with this café because I worked as a barista there for a year. The walk is annoying, especially when you are late for a shift, so going there before class is not ideal. 

However, if you have the time to make the trip, then I definitely recommend it. I know from my experience that their coffee is always made fresh and that they throw out old ingredients. Out of all the cafés and food stops, I think the drinks at TCNJ’s B&N have the best flavor and quality. Being an espresso fanatic, I can attest the lattes, cappuccinos, and mochas will not disappoint. The milk is frothed to perfection, and the coffee is flavorful. 

Emma Ferschweiler is a TCNJ student who writes for Her Campus TCNJ!