Life > Experiences

How to Ball on a Budget (Spring Break Edition)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Spring break is coming up and this is the time to do things specifically for YOU. This is my favorite kind of break because there is no pressure on holidays coming up. This is the time when you can fully unwind (especially if you have already taken your midterms) and release some of the burdens from your shoulders. On the other hand, I know it can be a little stressful finding something to do especially if you are trying to ball on a budget. Not to worry, though, here are a few options to ease that stress!

Option 1: Stay Home!

I know this can sound boring, but it actually might just be exactly what you need. Spring break can be a self-care, relaxing type of week. Do all the things you love, catch up on work for school if you have any, partake in any activities that may pique your interest, hang out with family and friends, or pick up a new hobby! If it is nice out, try to spend most of your time outside! You have probably been holed up in the library, your bedroom, or a classroom for too long. Give yourself a break and enjoy the weather! If there isn’t good weather (even though the groundhog said there would be), cozy up with a good book, do a facemask, binge-watch a TV show, and do whatever makes you the most comfortable! It may just be the perfect way to hit the refresh button on yourself.

Option 2: Mini Road Trip!

Do all the things you have been wanting to do in your state. I know in my case, I always see new places around New Jersey on TikTok or Instagram that I always want to get to, but never can find the time. This is your chance! Create a bucket list. Research and write down everything that may spark your interest. This can range from a new restaurant to a hiking trail to a cute town you have been wanting to visit! As I mentioned, social media is a wonderful way to find all the ins and outs of certain places nowadays. It makes for great social media content or just the fulfillment you might need in your life. You may just find your new favorite spot!

Option 3: Book a Flight!

This sounds pricey, I know, but there are many places you can visit without paying too much money. Having a job or saving your holiday money is a great way to save before a spring break trip. Places like Florida are huge hotspots for spring break that won’t lead you completely broke if you’re careful! This is an amazing way to optimize the amount of fun and sun you can get during this week. Especially if you can go with friends or family, this subtracts from the bill at the end of the week. Splitting financials like Uber, Airbnb, hotel rooms, food, etc. can benefit you when trying to save the most money. So throw on a bathing suit and make a ton of new memories!

Hi everyone! I am Lucia, I am a Sophomore Communications major and the Treasurer of Her Campus!