This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

The weather has been cooling down rapidly which means that it’s officially fall time! If you’re anything like me, you have a lot of preparing to do. We only get a few months a year to full embrace the season so why not go all out? Here is a list of things you can do to get in the spirit of fall. 

1. Candles

A great place to start if you want to get in the mood is purchasing some seasonal candles. Bath and Body Works is my go-to shop for candles. Some of my favorites are Vanilla Pumpkin Marshmallow, Pumpkin Vanilla Creme, Leaves and Welcome Home. You can buy their three wick candles for $24.50 or the one wick candles for $14.50. They have a lot of sales throughout the season so definitely take advantage and fill your room with warm and cozy fragrances.

2. Throw Blankets

Seeing that the weather gets chillier in the fall, an essential item you need is a throw blanket! I have at least three, so the more the merrier. Home Goods and Target have some festive options. You can opt for a warm brown and orange plaid blanket, or get one with ghosts and bats all over it. The design possibilities are endless, and when you get cold at the end of the day you can snuggle up in your bed with your adorable, new blanket. 

3. Movies

One of the best parts about the Fall and especially Halloween is the movies that come on TV. A few of my favorite movies are the Nightmare Before Christmas, Hocus Pocus, and Halloweentown. One of the easiest and most relaxing ways to get in the spirit is by snuggling up with your favorite candle and blanket, and watching one of these seasonal movies. 

4. Buying New Clothes 

Another fun way to spice things up is by creating a new wardrobe. It can seem very overwhelming to make the picture perfect autumn closet but a great place to start is by making a Pinterest board. You can look for trends that you’re attracted to and once you gather a solid collection, start browsing your favorite retailer’s websites. Definitely make sure to search up some coupon codes for all of the money you’re about to drop! I use RetailMeNot and the browser extension Honey to get the best deals. 

5. Crafting

One of my favorite activities during the holiday season is crafting! There are endless possibilities when it comes to DIYs. I used to watch 2013 Bethany Mota videos to get my inspiration and make cute signs for my room. Pinterest and Youtube are great sources of inspiration. Whether you want to make a “Fresh Baked Apple Pies” sign for the kitchen or a spooky looking mason jar, there are plenty of tutorials out there for what you’re looking for.

Senior Marketing major who has a passion for makeup and the color pink
President of HCTCNJ, Panhellenic Delegate for AXiD, Communications Major with Marketing/Management Minors!