This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

As a makeup fan, I have tried my fair share of makeup products. Everyone will have their own opinion on their favorite makeup products, especially because everyone’s skin is different. Below are my all time favorite makeup products from each part of my makeup routine.           

1. Primer: Elf Hydrating Drops $10

I happen to have very dry skin around my nose and on my forehead, so I spent a long time trying to find a primer that would work with my skin. Finally, on one of my trips to the drugstore, I stumbled upon my new favorite primer. Not only is it a great hydrating serum, but it leaves your skin with just the right amount of tackiness for your foundation to stay onto your skin.

2. Moisturizer: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel $17

Before I put on my makeup, I like to put something on my face that will help keep it moisturized and looking as dewy as possible, but also work as a great moisturizer even when I’m not putting face makeup on.The Hydro Boost Gel is perfect for this because when I put it on, it instantly cools my face and gives it a nice fresh look while simultaneously hydrating it.

3. Foundation: Maybelline BB Dream Fresh Cream $8

When I do wear foundation, I don’t like it to be very heavy because of my dry skin. Also, i like it to look like skin. I am a huge fan of BB cream, and Maybelline makes the perfect one in my opinion. It has the perfect amount of coverage, it’s cheap and it lasts forever.

4. Concealer: Tarte Shape Tape $27

I am usually not one to splurge on something when it comes to face products, mostly because I rarely wear a full face of makeup. However, when I heard about the Shape Tape, I knew I had to invest. The coverage is amazing and I also love the fact that it’s very hydrating. This one is definitely worth the money.

5. Setting Powder: Becca Hydra-Mist Setting Powder $39

Another splurge, but also totally worth it. When it goes on the skin, it almost feels wet and gives you an instant cooling feeling, which helps hydrate the skin. I definitely recommend this one!

6. Bronzer: Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer $10

For a while, the Benefit Hoola Bronzer was my favorite, but once winter came, it started to be too dark for my skin. That’s when I watched one of KathleenLights’ Youtube videos and knew I had to try a new, cheaper bronzer. Not only does the product blend really well and last forever, but it also smells exactly like coconuts or suntan lotion (which I happen to like the smell of).

7. Blush: Benefit Dandelion Blush $30

One of the first blushes I ever purchased for myself, and it continues to be a favorite. Even though it is a little expensive, it gives the perfect flush to your cheeks with a little hint of shimmer.

8. Highlight: Physicians Formula Butter Highlight $7

This brand again, I’m sorry. I knew I loved the butter line from the brand so much, that when I saw they came out with blushes and highlighters, I knew I had to invest. I got the pearl shade and it’s now the only shade I use. The texture of the highlighter is definitely of a butter consistency, so I would be careful of digging your fingernail into it. The shade itself has just the right amount of glitter with a nice sheen.

9. Eye Primer: Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden $24

Another splurge, yet totally worth it. I know some people like concealer as their primer, but I always stuck with primer because my lids are kind of dry. I like the shade Eden because it also gives a little bit of coverage and keeps my eyeshadow on all day.

10. Eyebrow Pencil: NYX Microbrow in taupe $8

A perfect dupe for the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz. I love the fact that it’s retractable and also has a spoolie on the other end, so it’s the perfect travel companion. The shade taupe matches my eyebrows perfectly, and I have been using the product for at least 3 years now. 

11. Eyebrow Gel: Benefit 24 Hour Setting Gel $24

When I say this product lasts forever, I mean it. I have had the same bottle for about 8 months now and I still have plenty of product left. I love this product because it keeps your eyebrow hairs in place all day.

12. Eyeshadow Palette: Morphe Inner Artist $39

Even with the James Charles controversy with almost everyone in the beauty industry, this palette is all sorts of amazing. With every color of the rainbow and some others, the palette is good for everyday use or even a really fun and dramatic look.

13. Mascara: It Cosmetics Superhero $24

Even with the extreme price for a mascara, the price is worth it. It makes my short eyelashes look extremely long and voluminous and I will make myself repurchase it whenever I need a refill.

14. Lip liner: MAC Lip Pencil $18

Not everyone is a huge fan of wooden lip liners, but MAC’s have always had a creamy formula and last forever on the lips.

15. Lip Stick: MAC $18 (Shade: Velvet Teddy)

The most basic shade in the beauty industry, yet the best. If I want a nude lipstick, this is the first color I reach for and it matches almost every single look I wear.

16. Liquid Lipstick: Colourpop $7

My all time favorite liquid lipstick, in any color and finish. It lasts forever on my lips even with eating or drinking and never gets gross on the insides of my lips. My favorite shade is Alyssa, which is a collab with KathleenLights!

17. Lip Gloss: Colourpop $7 (Moonchild)

Another Colourpop and KathleenLights collab, but what can I say, it’s one of my favorite makeup brands and my favorite Youtuber. When she released her palette, Dream St., she also released a lipstick trio with a nude, a red and this beautiful gloss. I am not a huge gloss fan, but this is different. It’s not sticky and it is clear with just the right amount of shimmer and looks great by itself or over any lip color.

18. Setting spray: Morphe Setting Spray $12

Anything Morphe releases blows up, but this setting spray deserves all the fame. This is one of the first setting sprays with a continuous spray and it makes your skin look dewy and refreshed and makes your makeup last all day.

Hailey Ruderman is a Journalism and Professional Writing Major, graduating in 2021. She dreams of writing for a big magazine like Seventeen or Billboard. She loves going to concerts, listening to music, doing crafts, writing and binge watching TV shows.
Mia is a writer for Her20s and former President of Her Campus TCNJ. She loves Her Campus's ability to empower the women of campus and beyond, and she hopes to continue spreading the site's messages of confidence and positivity. You can most likely find her reading, wandering around Trader Joes, or laying on the beach. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter @missmiaingui.