A Day to be Green: Happy St. Patrick’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Are you feeling green lately, ladies? Me too, and not in the Kermit-the-Frog kind of way. I guess you know what that means…

It’s St. Patty’s Day! Time to dress up and drink down! Here are three things to remember when you’re celebrating the Irish in you this Saturday:

1. Go All Out.
The Irish have never been quiet people. I mean how could they be with all the drinking, and the drinking songs, and the, well, more drinking.

So don’t be shy this weekend when you’re going out. Try wearing green in places you wouldn’t normally.

Perhaps green eye shadow for a flash of color on your lids. The color will be a great accent to those green pants that you plan on wearing.

CoverGirl’s Intense ShadowBlast eye shadow in Extreme Green is perfect as it will help you go from day to night without smudging or smearing. ($7.50 most drugstores.)

2. Spend a Little More.
St. Patty’s Day is a day for drinking beer (if you are 21 years or older of course). So don’t drink that college-y beer this weekend. Spend a little more and drink the good stuff.

Guinness is a well-known Irish beer. It’s darker quality also makes it denser, which may mean less beer, but more fun. If Guinness isn’t your thing and you enjoy a lighter beer, try Harp. It may be lighter, but it still holds true to its Irish roots.

3. Eat, Eat, and Eat Some More!

Breakfast: Irish soda bread and Irish tea.

Lunch: Leeks and potato soup.

Dinner: Corned-beef and cabbage. (OK, the corned-beef is actually more of an Irish-American dish than a traditional Irish dish, but it is so good!)

And of course, wash all of this delicious food down with beer!

St. Patty’s Day is a day to celebrate being Irish – or not being Irish and pretending to be! So dress up, drink down and be merry collegiettes.

*Please drink responsibly.

Resource: CoverGirl Website

Hilarey Wojtowicz is a senior Journalism/Professional Writing major at The College of New Jersey. Hilarey works for TCNJ's Residential Education and Housing Department as a Community Advisor, but is truly aspiring to be the next Carrie Bradshaw. Not only does Hilarey love writing for her campus's chapter of Her Campus, but she enjoys writing about sports for local newspapers, as well. A true Jersey girl at heart, Hilarey is definitely not from the Boston area, but is a huge fan of the New England Patriots. You can find her interning in New York City this Fall at Woman's Day Magazine.
Jessica is one half of the fantastic duo founding Her Campus on the leafy suburban campus that is The College of New Jersey. A Journalism major and Communications minor in the Class of 2012, she is a native of Pennsylvania and an adoptive resident of New Jersey. That's why she can't fist pump, but can pump gas. Before Her Campus, Jessica was a newspaper reporter, communications assistant and world traveler, having studied and interned abroad in London. When she's not writing or talking up a storm, Jessica can be found bargain shopping, catching up on a good book, fiddling with her camera or attempting to stay in shape. Other passions include hummus, tickling those ivories on the piano, meeting new people and all things Her Campus.