Daily Motivation Tips

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Have you ever started your day off in the worst mood possible? Or maybe you felt as though you couldn’t get through the day because things just didn’t seem to be going right for you. It’s easy to feel blue and go through each day wishing it would just come to an end; but, no one should feel like that. You should start and end each day on a positive note. With that being said, I’ve created some essential motivational tips that are bound to get you through the day in all smiles!

To help yourself stay motivated daily, it’s best to start your day by reading an inspirational and uplifting quote. This will help you start your day on the bright side and encourage you to make it through the day. Beginning your morning like this will surely give you a boost of positivity. This leads me to my next word of advice; steer clear from any negativity and always keep a positive mindset. I know it’s hard to block out the negativity in your life, but there is always a bright side to things and it won’t hurt to look at any bad situation in a positive way. Also, surround yourself with people who encourage and uplift you whenever you are feeling down.

We all know a good morning exercise will get the day going right. Exercising is known to be one of the most common ways to stay motivated daily because it gives you the energy to continue your day. Throwing in a good exercise will make you feel better about yourself knowing that you started your day off productively. Once you exercise, you’ll feel like you accomplished something, which will only motivate you to accomplish more throughout the day.

We often find ourselves drifting off into deep thoughts. Even though this may not always be a bad thing, it can lead to overthinking the simplest things. This leads to my next daily motivational tip: DO NOT OVERTHINK THINGS. Do what makes you happy and don’t let anyone or anything make you think otherwise. Letting go of this stress will only allow you to focus on your happiness and how to enjoy the rest of your day.

When we get in our bad moods, we start to lose sight of the good things we have in life that make us happy. That’s why it’s always good to constantly remind yourself of all the blessings you have. Never focus on what you don’t have or question why everything seems to be going wrong. If you’re ever feeling down or like you can’t do anything or things aren’t going right for you at the moment, always remember the good things you have in life. Be grateful for what you do have, rather than what you don’t. This will motivate you to feel more appreciative and happy about your life.

The last tip of the day is to just live in the present. Focus on the now rather than the past or the future. Doing so will lead to less stress about situations you don’t need to worry about at the moment. I’m not telling you to throw away your long-term goals or future plans, but worrying about something that’s going to happen in the future will only cause more stress on you, which you don’t need. It’s better to focus on the present because it allows you to enjoy the moment.

Feel free to let us know your tips on how you stay motivated daily! 

Ashley Franklin graduated The College of New Jersey with a BS in Marketing and minor in Communications. During her time at TCNJ, she actively contributed to their Her Campus chapters' online magazine, taking on many roles from Marketing/Publicity Coordinator to Social Media Specialist. She's a lover of all things fashion, beauty and food--and enjoys binge-watching the latest Netflix series (Gossip Girl being one of her faves).
Kyra Mackesy graduated The College of New Jersey with a BA in Journalism and Professional Writing and a minor in Criminology in 2019. While at TCNJ, she was an active member of their Her Campus chapter, holding a wide array of positions: President and Campus Correspondent, Editor-in-Chief, Senior Editor, Marketing and Publicity Director, and Social Media Manager. She loved seeing her chapter grow throughout her four years in college, and will remain an active Her Campus Alumni.