Clubs to Join that Match Your Interests

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

By Colleen Duncan

Whether you’re a newbie freshman ready to test the TCNJ waters or an upcoming senior eager for some last-minute involvement, there is a club for you – and it’s time to check it out!

Clubs are a good way to meet new people, build up your résumé and, most importantly, give you a break from all that school work. Here is Her Campus TCNJ’s go-to guide for picking the best club(s) to try out this semester. We hope you had the chance to go to the Activities Fair to check some of these clubs out, but if not, we’re here to help.

Are you interested in…

Event planning? Join the College Union Board (CUB)! CUB is in charge of organizing and running most on-campus events, including concerts, comedy shows, bus trips and themed events in the Brower Student Center.

Culture? TCNJ has Italian, German, Spanish, French, Polish and many more cultural clubs. You name, we have it!  These clubs put on various cultural events and sometimes take trips. All you have to do is decide which culture you connect with.

Working out? Maybe you love going to the gym or taking a run or challenging yourself to do a hundred pushups – It’s definitely not for everyone, but if that sounds like you, you might want to look into Crossfit at TCNJ.

Art/Poetry/Photography? The Lion’s Eye is an on-campus, student-run literary magazine. Students submit their art, prose, photos, etc., and at each meeting, the group discusses and reviews submissions to be added into the final product.

Writing? You love writing but you’re not the poetic type. Try reporting for the campus newspaper The Signal, or writing an article or blog here at Her Campus TCNJ! You can even check out Ed@TCNJ, our school’s networking group for aspiring communications professionals that takes trips to different magazine offices and communications events and brings speakers to campus.

Volunteering? There is a wide variety of clubs devoted to different worldwide and local causes, including, She’s the First, which focuses on funding education to underprivileged girls in developing countries and was started by a TCNJ alum, Tammy Tibbetts.

Plus, if you have an idea for a club, don’t be afraid to start something new! There’s bound to be people with your same interests and you never know what it could become.