This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Have you ever wondered how stars like Megan Thee Stallion, 21 Savage, and Keke Palmer have ended up on campus? What if I told you that it was actually an entirely student-run organization that made that happen.

The College Union Board, more commonly known as CUB, is TCNJ’s primary student-led event programming board and is responsible for planning a variety of events for students. 

While many recognize CUB for their fall and spring concerts, the organization does much more. CUB director and senior Bella Trucco states that it offers students many sources of entertainment, such as “concerts, comedy shows, off-campus travel trips, on-campus community building events, and our end-of-year carnival: Funival.” 

A main goal that CUB chooses to emphasize is to create a sense of community on campus. Through fun events, the board aims to create once in a lifetime experiences for little to no money and provide the opportunity to connect with their fellow peers. 

Trucco feels this sense of belongingness within the organization as well, as she claims that she is thankful to “work alongside such wonderful individuals.” She follows this by saying how she is constantly inspired by her Executive Board members who are “all driven by the mission of making TCNJ’s campus a fun space for students.”

In order to cater to the college’s diverse student interests, the organization is split into four boards, which prioritize hosting specific events: STUD, Travel, Alt, and Live.

Trucco urges students who are looking for a way to create and enjoy lifelong memories to join CUB. “It’s more than a club,” says Trucco, “it’s the ability to experience a core part of TCNJ’s rich history.”

CUB is open for all students to join and meets every Wednesday. For more information on how to get involved, visit CUB’s Instagram.

Alex Forton is a sophomore Marketing major at TCNJ. She loves anything pop culture related. Her favorite pastime is watching dog videos on TikTok listen to the Victorious soundtrack on repeat.