Beauty Must-Haves For Oily Gals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

Some things you just cannot change — and being an oily lady is one of them. Keeping your oils at bay is always a challenge, especially in the heat of the summer, so here a list of must-haves for combating oily skin.

The Body Shop’s Tea Tree Line

Amazon

This line of skincare products from The Body Shop has been a complete game-changer for my skin, especially the Mattifying Toner, the Face Wash, and the Mattifying Lotion. This nourishes the skin and still leaves it hydrated while absorbing all that pore-clogging oil.

L’Oreal Hydra Genius for Normal to Oily Skin

Allure

Another amazing addition to my skincare routine that I truly feel helped unclog my pores. Oily skin does still need moisture, contrary to popular belief, but typical cream moisturizers will seep into pores, causing breakouts and minimal hydration. This water-based moisturizer smells amazing and feels lightweight on the skin, great for oily faces.

The Maybelline Fit Me! Matte and Poreless Foundation

Ulta Beauty

With 40 shades and a great price tag, the Maybelline Matte and Poreless has been a cult favorite for years. This foundation gives great coverage and really does keep the skin matte, plus, every skin tone can find a shade match, which is amazing.

Maybelline Fit Me! Loose Setting Powder

EBay

A good foundation needs a good setting powder: again, this powder works amazingly for the price and sets makeup all day without looking cakey.  

Oil Blotting Sheets

Target

This is a must-have for your purse and bag. These on-the-go sheets are easy to use for a quick touch-up, absorbing oil without disrupting makeup underneath. So no needs to worry about messing up your full face glam, these will absorb shine and leave your makeup staying flawless. I love these from Clean & Clear.

Mia is a writer for Her20s and former President of Her Campus TCNJ. She loves Her Campus's ability to empower the women of campus and beyond, and she hopes to continue spreading the site's messages of confidence and positivity. You can most likely find her reading, wandering around Trader Joes, or laying on the beach. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter @missmiaingui.
Kyra Mackesy graduated The College of New Jersey with a BA in Journalism and Professional Writing and a minor in Criminology in 2019. While at TCNJ, she was an active member of their Her Campus chapter, holding a wide array of positions: President and Campus Correspondent, Editor-in-Chief, Senior Editor, Marketing and Publicity Director, and Social Media Manager. She loved seeing her chapter grow throughout her four years in college, and will remain an active Her Campus Alumni.