Style > Beauty

All Time Best Concealers: Both Drug Store and Luxury

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

It’s a known fact: college students don’t sleep. No matter how hard we try to get a decent amount of sleep every night, there’s always something getting in the way. Fortunately, there is a way to appear refreshed and seem like you’ve gotten your eight hours: a good full coverage concealer. Here are some of the best, both drug store and luxury, concealers that will lighten and brighten any dark under eye.  

1. Tarte Shape Tape Contour Concealer

If you’ve ever stumbled upon any beauty guru video on Youtube, you have probably heard them raving about this product hundreds of times. I am guilty of buying this concealer purely because of the hype surrounding it and I can honestly say, they’re completely right. I think this is the most full coverage concealer I have ever used. Most times, I have to apply two coats to completely conceal my dark under eyes but with this I barely need one full coat. It is a luxury brand product and is a little pricey: $27. But with how thick and creamy it is, it has lasted me almost eight months, which I think makes it worth it.

2. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind

I love this concealer, it’s so pigmented and creamy. It has the best applicator because unlike most concealers, it does not have a doe foot applicator. Instead, it has a little beauty sponge on the top, that when you crank it, fills with product and you just blot in onto your under eye. This is probably the best drugstore concealer — it’s only $9.99! This doesn’t last as long as my Shape Tape, but this has lasted me a good three months. And for only $9.99, I’d say that’s pretty good.  

3. Maybelline Fit Me Concealer

This concealer is super great for natural days. There are days where I don’t want to wear any makeup other than a little mascara and something to cover my dark eye circles. This is my go-to for one of those days. It’s very lightweight and pretty thin, but it sits on your face nicely and doesn’t crease. It’s only $5.99 and its perfect for those no-makeup makeup days.

These are three of my all time favorite concealers! They all provide such extreme coverage and make you look like you’ve had the best sleep of your life — even if you’re like me and struggling to get into bed before 1 am.

President of HCTCNJ, Panhellenic Delegate for AXiD, Communications Major with Marketing/Management Minors!
Victoria is a senior at The College of New Jersey and a features editor for HCTCNJ.  She is majoring in Journalism and Professional Writing, and minoring in Marketing & Communications.