This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

The days spent sweating in the 90+ degree weather are long gone, which means that Autumn is officially here! The crunchy leaves, the cozy nights in, the Halloween excitement…what’s not to love? Below are 10 Autumn “must-haves” and “must-dos” that will make this season the best it can be!

1. Knit Sweater or Turtleneck

The weather is getting colder and colder by the day, so a warm sweater or turtleneck will be your best friend this season. Warm toned colors like orange, yellow, and red will get you even more into the Fall spirit.

2. Hot Chocolate, Tea, or Apple Cider

Whichever is your preference, these warm and comforting drinks are essentials for this season. And of course, a bonus “must-have” is a cute mug to put them in.

3. All of the Friends Thanksgiving Episodes and The Office Halloween Episodes

This “must-do” is my personal favorite on the list, as Friends and The Office tie as my all-time favorite TV shows. Having a marathon of these fall themed episodes with your friends, or even alone, will surely be a great time.

4. Fuzzy Socks

Okay, I know there are a lot of cozy clothing items on this list but anyone who has owned fuzzy socks knows that they are necessary for the colder months. Once you go fuzzy, you can’t go back.

5. Festive Outdoor Activities with Friends

When the weather is the perfect 60 degrees, the best thing to do is get off campus and make the most out of it. There are tons of fall related things to do with your friends, like apple picking, pumpkin carving, baking, haunted houses, corn mazes, and more!

6. A Halloween Movie Night

Whether you enjoy intense horror films or you’re more of a Nightmare Before Christmas kind of person, getting your friends together for a Halloween movie marathon is a great idea to get everyone excited for spooky season.

7. Pumpkin Flavored Everything

It’s finally appropriate to get a pumpkin spice latte every morning. Embrace it. And of course, if you are not a coffee lover, there are plenty of other pumpkin flavored food items on the market, like pumpkin ice cream, pumpkin oreos, pumpkin pancake mix, and more!

8. Discounted Halloween Candy

Lastly, how can you forget the amazing opportunity to stock up on half-priced candy the day after Halloween?!

Jordan is a senior Psychology major and Women & Gender Studies minor at TCNJ, with an interest in becoming a clinical psychologist in the future. In her free time, she loves making lengthy spotify playlists, drawing, trying out new recipes, and rewatching the same 5 tv shows over and over.
Victoria is a senior at The College of New Jersey and a features editor for HCTCNJ.  She is majoring in Journalism and Professional Writing, and minoring in Marketing & Communications.