5 Ways to Be Successful this Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

The start of a new semester is an opportunity for you to try new things no matter what stage of the game you’re in.  It’s time to take that core power yoga class you’ve wanted to try and apply for that internship you’ve had your eye on.  In all aspects of our lives, we can set little goals to help us become the best versions of ourselves.  Here are five ways to be your best self in all aspects of your life!

Academics: Start assignments early.  Take the initiative to map out assignment due dates during the first week of the semester.  When you get an assignment in class, start it that day.  Even if it’s something so simple as creating a basic outline for a paper, starting early will get the ball rolling and help you jump right into the assignment when you have more time.  Planning ahead will also help relieve stress.  You’ll stress less when you know you got a head start.

Friends: Make it a point to spend time with friends during the week.  We get so caught up in our busy schedules that spending time with friends can fall to the wayside.  Hang out with your friends on a Tuesday or a Wednesday.  You can catch up about the beginning of the week and look forward to the plans you make for the weekend!    

Family: Make an effort to keep in touch with family.  Calling home once or twice a week shows that you care and appreciate how much your family has done for you.  If you don’t have time for phone calls, text messages and emails are ways you can let them know they’re on your mind.

Relationships:  Be bold.  If you’re already in a relationship, trying something different and exciting together is a fun way to experience something new and learn more about each other.  If you’re enjoying the single life, be friendly and outgoing.  When meeting new people, be confident in yourself and smile.  Being friendly makes you approachable. 

Fitness: Exercise at least three times a week.  Whether it’s doing yoga in your dorm or hitting the gym, there are so many ways to stay fit while living on campus.  Getting exercise at least three times a week will help you stay fit, be healthy, and feel happy.

Image Source: Seventeen Magazine