The 5 Things You Have to Do Over Winter Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

December is a collegiette’s busiest time of the year.  Once finals are over, we get a month to do whatever our hearts desire.  And though it seems like a long time, that month can fly by.  Don’t let the long awaited days of winter break pass you by without doing these five things!

Make plans to see your besties from high school.  Nothing keeps you grounded like the girls who have known you the longest.  Plan a girl’s night out for you and all of your friends to meet and catch up! 

Take a strong dose of pop culture.  You finally have the time to watch the first season of that T.V. show everyone on your floor is talking about.  If you want to spend the night out, go to a concert or see a play in the city.  You deserve to do something fun after working hard all semester long.

Do something kind for others.  The holidays are all about loving and sharing.  Share your time with those in need.  Volunteer to visit a local nursing home and give out handcrafted holiday cards to those who live there.  Go caroling with your friends from high school and collect donations to give to charity.  These simple acts of kindness remind us to stay humble.

Try something new.  Finally decide to do that thing you’ve been thinking about for a while now.  Take that road trip with your friend who was abroad all semester.  Experiment with cooking.  Ask that guy from home you’ve been thinking about to hang out.  You have nothing to lose!

Let yourself relax.  Don’t feel the need to be productive every day.  You worked hard all semester long interning and getting assignments done.  Let your busy mind rest!  Enjoy the holiday season with family and friends.  There’s time to be productive once the new semester begins.