The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

With the holidays and the New Year just around the corner, we are all met with the chance at a fresh start. While the end of a year does not promise a complete reformation of the self, there are little things we can do to focus on taking care of our beings. Skincare is a huge part of self love for me, and not only is it important, but it can be a lot of fun! Here are five products I will be taking with me into the New Year: 

1. GLAMGLOW BRIGHTMUD Dual-Action Exfoliating Treatment

This exfoliator has extremely fine particles, making it more of a polish rather than a heavy duty exfoliator, which I love. It also smells strongly of raspberries to me, and that is always a good thing in my book! I tend to use this two to three times a week and I really love how it makes my skin look and feel.

1. Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Hydrating Mask (With Avocado & Glacier Water)

This overnight hydrating mask is perfect right before you call it a night, or for that extra boost in the morning. I use it interchangeably depending on what I feel my skin needs. The Avocado scent is subtle, and it really makes my skin glow from the inside out. 

1. La Mer Crème de la Mer

This to me is the holy grail of all creams. While the price point is pretty major, this will last you a very long time! You really only need to smallest bit to make such a difference to your skin. La Mer’s products were originally formulated to heal burn wounds, so its ability to hydrate and heal is top tier! 

1. Clinique Clarifying Lotion (Step 3)

This clarifying lotion has been around for a minute, and is a long time staple in many people’s routines. I love how consistency wise, it is quite gentle, but very effective at doing away with dead layers of skin and dirt. With this product, again, you only need very little on a cotton round. With just a few swipes, you are free of the days impurities from your skin!

1. Smashbox Photo Finish Vitamin Face Glow Primer

While this may be considered a makeup product, I love to use it at the end of my skincare routine. Since the ingredients of this Vitamin C primer are fairly pure and basic, I will apply it even if I’m not putting on any makeup. With Vitamins B, C, and E, you can’t go wrong with a drop of this primer, especially on the under eyes. 

I hope you enjoyed my little list of New Year skincare products, happy routine(ing)!

Grace Reynoso is a Senior Communications Major with a Public/Mass Media track. She is originally from Ridgewood, New Jersey and has always been into all things beauty, fashion, and music! Grace also loves creating new looks on her makeup page and writing songs! Follow her on Instagram: @grace.reynoso, her makeup IG @glossbygracie_, and on Spotify: @urfriendgrace