This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

With the cold winter months quickly approaching, choosing your footwear lineup is more important than ever. As college students, owning shoes that are cost efficient, functional in tough weather conditions, and long-lasting is vital. Here are five winter shoes that will not only get you around campus in one piece, but get the job done in style!

1. New Balances

I have been so into New Balances as of late. The distinguishable logo has always caught my eye, but I’ve never had an inkling to buy a pair. I wish I had known how comfortable these shoes were earlier! I have a neutral tone pair that I can’t go anywhere without, and they go with pretty much everything. I currently have my eye on this white and green pair you can find at Urban Outfitters!

1. Hunter Boots

These babies are a rainy day staple. That being said, I have never had the luxury of owning a pair of these. Every time I see someone rocking these rain boots, I can’t help but acknowledge how adorable and high quality they look! I love a classic hunter green shade, and you can find these at Zappos!

1. Doc Martens

If you want a sturdy shoe that can withstand all, this is your pick! I distinctly remember rocking these in middle school in hopes of fulfilling my 90s ‘grunge girl’ fantasy, and I think I’m ready to bring these back into my closet! Growing up, I had a ruby red pair— bold choice, I know. But in current day, I am obsessed with this classic black leather pair from the Doc Martens website! 

1. ASOS Chunky Chelsea Boots

ASOS is filled with affordable staple items, and who doesn’t love a solid Chelsea boot? Whether you’re pairing this up with a cozy sweater and jeans, or a cutesy corduroy overall dress— these can add a little something extra to a simple outfit.

1. Steve Madden Leather Boots

Remember knee-length boots? Those were a moment. These Steve Madden boots are almost a cross over of knee-length boots, rain boots, and Doc Martens, and I am into it! Although they are (1) not exactly at knee length and (2) are on the pricier side, I think they look super unique. I’m curious to see if this shoe style will catch on with any of the trends on campus— maybe you could be the first to rock them!

Grace Reynoso is a Senior Communications Major with a Public/Mass Media track. She is originally from Ridgewood, New Jersey and has always been into all things beauty, fashion, and music! Grace also loves creating new looks on her makeup page and writing songs! Follow her on Instagram: @grace.reynoso, her makeup IG @glossbygracie_, and on Spotify: @urfriendgrace